X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sjd
    replied
    Re: Solosprint School

Actually it turns out he is a member of the BMW CCA.

Leave a comment:

• sjd
    replied

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, CASC-OR recognizes SCCA memberships for Solo 2 participation, don't they? Wes?

IIRC, SPDA recognized SCCA members "at par" for the Nationals. Dunno why SoloSprint should be different.
    See that's what I thought too.

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

If I'm not mistaken, CASC-OR recognizes SCCA memberships for Solo 2 participation, don't they? Wes?

IIRC, SPDA recognized SCCA members "at par" for the Nationals. Dunno why SoloSprint should be different.

Leave a comment:

• CobraStang
    replied

Originally posted by sjd View Post
    So the SCCA doesn't count as a CASC-OR affliated club?
    The list of clubs is here:
    http://www.casc.on.ca/clubs.php

SCCA is not on the list.

Leave a comment:

• sjd
    replied

Excellent, thanks.

But what about my friend from the U.S.? I can bring all his info and money to the open house, is that okay? Or do I just pay for two spots? His car isn't listed on the base car list though but I'm sure that doesn't matter for the school. So the SCCA doesn't count as a CASC-OR affliated club?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

Originally posted by sjd View Post
    Since all the the info is up for the open house on April 1st and the dates for the school are set. I just wanted to ask what the cost is and when exactly is registration? I know it's first come first serve and I wanted to ensure I register ASAP. The other thing I wanted to ask is that I have a friend from the U.S. who wants to register for the school and compete this year as well but won't be back in the country until the beginning of May so he won't be at the open house. Am I allowed to register him for the school or pay for his spot. I'm pretty sure he is an SCCA member so if I remember correctly that counts a valid club affliation.

The cost for the school is $395 and also entitles you to one SoloSprint event. You can register at the Open House which runs from 1 to 4 on Sunday, April 1st. at CSC Racing in Newmarket.

You do not need a Class C licence to participate in a SoloSprint school but you must belong to a CASC-OR affiliated club. The Class C licence costs $60 and is required for any competitive SoloSprint event.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMatt
    replied

Class C is required for the school, isn't it? I bought one last year before the school cuz someone told me to.

Leave a comment:

• HKY280ZX
    replied

Well I have no official standing but I took the school last year. My understanding is anyone can pay and register for the school. To compete in a Solo Sprint event though, you have to be a member of a CASC-OR affiliated club and pay for a Class C licence.

Leave a comment:

• sjd
    started a topic Solosprint School

Solosprint School

Since all the the info is up for the open house on April 1st and the dates for the school are set. I just wanted to ask what the cost is and when exactly is registration? I know it's first come first serve and I wanted to ensure I register ASAP. The other thing I wanted to ask is that I have a friend from the U.S. who wants to register for the school and compete this year as well but won't be back in the country until the beginning of May so he won't be at the open house. Am I allowed to register him for the school or pay for his spot. I'm pretty sure he is an SCCA member so if I remember correctly that counts a valid club affliation.
Working...
X