engine pip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine pip question

I've gone through the classification website and the rule book and can't quite seem to find anything about different blocks. My Rabbit had a 1.8L engine. The 1.8 head remains (with p&p, 288 cam, 5 angle valve job) but it has a 2.0L Audi bottom end (with lightened, balanced, knife edged crank). The only thing I found that came close is :

6.1.F.1 Any change from factory original OE compression resulting from: modification to the pistons; modification to the cylinder head(s) combustion chamber; milling the cylinder head(s); modification to cylinder head gasket(s) thickness; decking the block; any or all.

Any clarification or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

At any rate I should be in GT2 and ready for fun
    Chris J
    '96 Acura Integra GSR
    '89 Honda Civic
    '97 Subaru Legacy
    "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Re: engine pip question

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
    I've gone through the classification website and the rule book and can't quite seem to find anything about different blocks. My Rabbit had a 1.8L engine. The 1.8 head remains (with p&p, 288 cam, 5 angle valve job) but it has a 2.0L Audi bottom end (with lightened, balanced, knife edged crank). The only thing I found that came close is :

6.1.F.1 Any change from factory original OE compression resulting from: modification to the pistons; modification to the cylinder head(s) combustion chamber; milling the cylinder head(s); modification to cylinder head gasket(s) thickness; decking the block; any or all.

Any clarification or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

At any rate I should be in GT2 and ready for fun
    it would probably be better to just dyno this thing and not worry about the tangle mess and rule interpretation of the pip schedule.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Yeah, a dyno is in your future You would have to claim EVERYTHING that is different from the original 1.8 block (eg, pistons, crank, compressions, etc.)
      Arek Wojciechowski
      8legs Racing, SPC #77
      http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

I was afraid of that lol. I've actually wanted to put it on a dyno for a while. Any good dyno shops in T.O. area? Not going to be doing it until April (it comes out of storage in a few weeks and needs more mileage on it before it can be run hard).
        Chris J
        '96 Acura Integra GSR
        '89 Honda Civic
        '97 Subaru Legacy
        "Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Comment

There are a few dyno shops around. Which part of T.O. are you in?
          #65 C6 Corvette SGT3-S

Comment

Working...
          X