Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCDB Changes for 2007

Hey all,

Just a heads up that an update to the CCDB web site is coming in the next couple of weeks. The major change will be the addition of event registration, where you will need to register a car and driver for each event that you will participate in. Note that payment processing WILL NOT be part of this ... you'll still have to use the CASC-OR website for payment (or bring cash/cheques by hand). The following major changes are planned:

- addition of event registration: All competitors will be required to register a car/driver combination for all events that the car will compete in. If everyone does it ahead of time, there will be much less delay on the morning of the event, and we all get more lapping Of course, walk-ins and last minute changes can still be accomodated on the day, but we want to minimize the workload on our super-duper registrar!

- All cars used for competition will need to have a PIP schedule SUBMITTED before it can be used to register for an event. Again, this should be done as far in advance as possible. This will give us an accurate picture of which cars and classes will be in any given event.

- cosmetic and usability updates: Send me your pet peeves on the site, and I'll see if they make it into the next release.

More info to come ... stay tuned!

Arek.
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Re: CCDB Changes for 2007

Would there be a possibility for registration and payment for the season online? I may not be able to make the open house.

Nels
    2003 Cadillac CTS #996 SGT2
    TAC Member

Comment

First let me say that I'm the biggest fan of the online CCDB. This has made things SO much easier for newbies versus just the rulebook.

Suggestion:

When I'm trying to figure out what to do with the car for next year, I bump dyno HP a bit, tweak suspension options, etc. I have to make one change then save and go to the end to see the final classing.

If the final summary was in a real time "frame" at the bottom of the screen, with each change updating the final result, and not having to save and exit each step, that would be great.

Also I'd like to see the Dyno, Race Weight, and Modifications options as "Expandable Folders" like in Windows Explorer or the like. So it's easier to tweak a suspension thing, then go immediately back to dyno instead of saving a few steps.
      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Nels996 View Post
        Would there be a possibility for registration and payment for the season online? I may not be able to make the open house.

Nels
        Yes sir! Online registration will be available starting April 1.

And just to reiterate what Arek said, the CCDB will not support payments, so you guys still have to either send a cheque, bring it with you to the track if you plan on being a walk-in, or just pay online.
        Ana Santos

Comment

Originally posted by Anamaria View Post
          Yes sir! Online registration will be available starting April 1.

And just to reiterate what Arek said, the CCDB will not support payments, so you guys still have to either send a cheque, bring it with you to the track if you plan on being a walk-in, or just pay online.
          Thanks Ana.

Nels
          2003 Cadillac CTS #996 SGT2
          TAC Member

Comment

Note that payment processing WILL NOT be part of this ... you'll still have to use the CASC-OR website for payment (or bring cash/cheques by hand).
            Online registration will be available starting April 1.

Also to clarify - online payments go through the Member's Only area of the CASC site. You need to get access through your CASC club. If you don't have access, sort this out with your club NOW! You should try this out so that you can register (and pay) for the events on or about the Open House weekend.

Hey Arek - Maybe you could tap into the CASC payment system to integrate payments with Solo registration!
            sigpic
            Rob McAuley
            TAC President

Comment

Working...
            X