Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WANTED: Asp.NET developer for the CCDB

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    Bump .... you guys will be in crisis mode next year when there is noone to make upgrades to the web site or implement rule changes!

I'd like to start the knowledge transfer ASAP.
    Folks, this is your chance to be a very major player albeit behind the scenes in SoloSprint. There are some rule changes coming that will be fairly easy to implement into the system. This will be an excellent time to learn from the guru himself before he moves on to other areas.

If you have the knowledge base that Arek indicated earlier, it is time for you to step up, the entire SoloSprint community will support you. For those of you who remember the pencil and paper days, it went something like this.

1. Receive several sheets of paper
    2. Read through a multitude of categories about your car
    3. Take the correct number of pips for each category, +'ve and -'ve
    4. Add them up
    5. Submit your class
    6. Reviewed by the CCC - oops mistakes usually mathematical

Thanks to Arek all you do now is answer questions through the CCDB online and the process is completed.

This past year I volunteered to be your new Director. Over the year several people have come forward to volunteer to take over the Chief timing role. We now need someone to take over Arek's role.

WE NEED YOU NOW!!! Become part of Team SoloSprint!
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
      Bump .... you guys will be in crisis mode next year when there is noone to make upgrades to the web site or implement rule changes!

I'd like to start the knowledge transfer ASAP.
      Hey Arek,

SPDA Ottawa might have a person that's interested in helping out. Give us a couple of days to finalize and I should be able to send you his contact information. Q&A at the very least.

Thanks
      President, Co-Founder
      http://www.spda-online.ca
      sigpic
      SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
      2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
      2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
      Supported by the greatest companies!!
      Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
        Hey Arek,

SPDA Ottawa might have a person that's interested in helping out. Give us a couple of days to finalize and I should be able to send you his contact information. Q&A at the very least.

Thanks
        That's great Joe!
        Arek Wojciechowski
        8legs Racing, SPC #77
        http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Let me know if the guy/gal from SPDA works out. If not, I might be able to do it although my ASP.net is a little rusty (actually, I haven't done any scripting in a couple years) and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to all of the events this year, we'll have to wait until Friday or so to see about that.

Bram.
          sigpic

Comment

bump

WE STILL NEED HELP/VOLUNTEERS

we are even looking at completely re-writing the system if it would be easier for you.

All we want is a database of base cars, a database of possible mods, a way to submit those mods, and a way to review those mods with user/admin privileges

we're not creating an OS here..
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

are you guys still doing it the same way as previously mentioned in this thread? i.e. no connectivity at the track?.

I could re-write that system no problem or just work with what is there currently. I have .NET experience, or PHP would work as well.
              Vince

#92 '03.5 GT4-S Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

we would have connectivity if we had internet at the track

or if someone came with a laptop and the latest version, then just update once they get home.
                set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

That's not a problem, 3G tethering.

Anyways, let me know what all is needed to be done / updated. The first time I used the system which wasn't too long ago I found it worked great.

I will send you my email via PM and we can go from there, I can definitely help out.
                  Vince

#92 '03.5 GT4-S Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

Working...
                  X