• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinnie mack
    replied
    Re: WANTED: Asp.NET developer for the CCDB

That's not a problem, 3G tethering.

Anyways, let me know what all is needed to be done / updated. The first time I used the system which wasn't too long ago I found it worked great.

I will send you my email via PM and we can go from there, I can definitely help out.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

we would have connectivity if we had internet at the track

or if someone came with a laptop and the latest version, then just update once they get home.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie mack
    replied

are you guys still doing it the same way as previously mentioned in this thread? i.e. no connectivity at the track?.

I could re-write that system no problem or just work with what is there currently. I have .NET experience, or PHP would work as well.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

bump

WE STILL NEED HELP/VOLUNTEERS

we are even looking at completely re-writing the system if it would be easier for you.

All we want is a database of base cars, a database of possible mods, a way to submit those mods, and a way to review those mods with user/admin privileges

we're not creating an OS here..

Leave a comment:

• Ytzman
    replied

Let me know if the guy/gal from SPDA works out. If not, I might be able to do it although my ASP.net is a little rusty (actually, I haven't done any scripting in a couple years) and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to all of the events this year, we'll have to wait until Friday or so to see about that.

Bram.

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
    Hey Arek,

SPDA Ottawa might have a person that's interested in helping out. Give us a couple of days to finalize and I should be able to send you his contact information. Q&A at the very least.

Thanks
    That's great Joe!

Leave a comment:

• JoeT
    replied

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    Bump .... you guys will be in crisis mode next year when there is noone to make upgrades to the web site or implement rule changes!

I'd like to start the knowledge transfer ASAP.
    Hey Arek,

SPDA Ottawa might have a person that's interested in helping out. Give us a couple of days to finalize and I should be able to send you his contact information. Q&A at the very least.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    Bump .... you guys will be in crisis mode next year when there is noone to make upgrades to the web site or implement rule changes!

Folks, this is your chance to be a very major player albeit behind the scenes in SoloSprint. There are some rule changes coming that will be fairly easy to implement into the system. This will be an excellent time to learn from the guru himself before he moves on to other areas.

If you have the knowledge base that Arek indicated earlier, it is time for you to step up, the entire SoloSprint community will support you. For those of you who remember the pencil and paper days, it went something like this.

1. Receive several sheets of paper
    2. Read through a multitude of categories about your car
    3. Take the correct number of pips for each category, +'ve and -'ve
    4. Add them up
    5. Submit your class
    6. Reviewed by the CCC - oops mistakes usually mathematical

Thanks to Arek all you do now is answer questions through the CCDB online and the process is completed.

This past year I volunteered to be your new Director. Over the year several people have come forward to volunteer to take over the Chief timing role. We now need someone to take over Arek's role.

WE NEED YOU NOW!!! Become part of Team SoloSprint!

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STIgma
    replied

Hey Arek, I hope you have a backup of the source code somewhere other than on your laptop.

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Ok ... now that the racing season is almost over, time for this to become a SERIOUS matter. The system works now, but with noone to maintain, run, and upgrade it next year, not much SoloSprint cometition is going to happen! (Or you can all go back to paper and pencil for classification!)

Step up people ... this sport runs on volunteer sweat in addition to gasoline!

Leave a comment:

• tanney
    replied

Sorry, my honesty usually gets me in trouble.....

If someone asks me if it is a hard job, I can't bulls**t them, I lay it on the table....

The SoloSprint guys are a great bunch and most, although they may not say it, do appreciate the work that the volunteers put in.

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Originally posted by tanney View Post
    Yep, you get abused for doing a thankless job. People rarely get any acknowlendgement for their time and effort, just complaints when things go wrong or are not to certain individuals liking.

The volunteers typically do not get any real tangible benefits. A free dinner at the banquet possibly......

Volunteering to help out in something you are very passionate about is it's own reward, until the people mentioned above get to you. This is SoloSprint, so the people are very easy to deal with.

Lol ... Wes, you're making this a REALLY easy sell

Leave a comment:

• tanney
    replied

Originally posted by 92tsiawd View Post
    Do we get any fringe benefits for volunteering?
    Yep, you get abused for doing a thankless job. People rarely get any acknowlendgement for their time and effort, just complaints when things go wrong or are not to certain individuals liking.

The volunteers typically do not get any real tangible benefits. A free dinner at the banquet possibly......

Volunteering to help out in something you are very passionate about is it's own reward, until the people mentioned above get to you. This is SoloSprint, so the people are very easy to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Logan
    replied

Originally posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    Has anyone had experience with internet access through a bluetooth connection to a cell phone?
    Bluntly, it sucks. I find it difficult to make it work reliably, and when it does, it's horrendously slow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X