• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Avi do today?

Just wondering
    Andy
    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Re: How did Avi do today?

Ooooh, just found it out he did good enough!

Congrats Avi!
    Andy
    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Is Avi the 2007 Ontario champ?

If so, CONGRATS!!! TAC #1 & 2?
      Chris Atkins
      Member of the Road Course Mustang Brotherhood (1/2/2007)

06 Mustang GT (SGT3)
      07 Mazdaspeed3

(FOR SALE)
      91 Mustang GT SGT2

Gone to oil country!

Comment

And #4!
        --
        Chris De Freitas
        www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Comment

Good job, TAC!

SPDA members #2, #3, #9.
          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

HADA was #5 and #6 AND, by such a substantial margin it's not worth mentioning (more than 1000 points), they also took the Club Championship! Three class championships as well....

Comment

Oh and a big congrats to Avi!

Did I add enough suspense when announcing the results...? I tried!

Comment

Yes, yes you did. And I'm DYING to see my lap times from Sunday afternoon. In the rush to get packed up I forgot to check. And I'd love to know how much my times dropped off.

In hindsight, I think I know what I did wrong with my setup, but any and all urgency to get times posted would be greatly appreciated.
                sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

I do believe the final lap times were up about 5-10 minutes after the last car ran. I ended up doing the starters job for the first 10 minutes of final lapping and as soon as Mohamed relieved me and I received the results, they got posted.

They did not get posted after the first group in the afternoon ran as with the quick marshal change, there really wasn't much point, no one would e around from that run group to see them. In hind site, they should have been.... It was actually something that Martin had recommended from Saturday's event.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of them either....

Comment

Congrats Avi. Andy great season man. Wes great last event and season.
                    It was an honour to share the track with you guys and all the other competitors this year. Coming from a drag racing background I'm still amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone is.

Great Season,

Mark
                    sigpicK24/K20A powered 1999 Integra GS-R all motor
                    2007 SGT1 #362
                    2008 SGT3-R #362

GT Sprints
                    co-driving
                    Phoenix Yellow 2000 Honda Civic car#363...GTC

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
                      Ooooh, just found it out he did good enough!

Congrats Avi!
                      Thanks Andy, you are a truly gracious person and competitor, and that goes for your entire family. Bravo to you on an exceptional season. I certainly don't think I could have had a year that good in a Mustang. (easy now, Chuck..)

Furthermore, let me say with much sincerity; I feel your pain, man. You deserved better than having a broken car this weekend. The good thing is, like I said to Crispy today, a young driver of your caliber will have many chances to win titles, whereas a middle-aged, mechanically inept racing enthusiast, flattered by a car (one I understand is moving up another base class this winter ) that thinks it's a go-kart and some super glue track tires, well.... not so much.

Factor in the ever-increasing quality of the novices every year (beating pax in a Protege, are you kidding me?), the ever-tinkering, ever-improving incumbents, and the potential return of so many old pros who have moved on, I'll be lucky to even get a whiff again.

And thanks to everyone for all the kind words and congrats. I'm still in denial really; I don't even know what to say. I guess it's a big deal to me because of the quality of all those I had to beat to get here. Looking back, it's really hard to believe I did it. Thanks for making it so meaningful, everybody. *sniff*