• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thgear
    replied
    Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
    Well if that's the whole point of the series, which i'm not sure I agree with, then a step in that direction should be a spec tire for starters.
    one would think that tires improve laptimes consistently across the field

but it seems reports from various competitiors do not form a liner answer....

Leave a comment:

• jason_alt
    replied

Originally posted by thgear View Post
    me?

after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
    Well if that's the whole point of the series, which i'm not sure I agree with, then a step in that direction should be a spec tire for starters.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by James Mewett View Post
    The event PAX time is the average of the full class winner's PAX times. This means that we expect that half the class winners will beat PAX and half won't.

If you are running in SGT3 and Avi is there, it is actually easier to beat PAX than it is to beat Avi.
    therein liest another caveat

altho not so much a problem in my proposed system were the points one recieves are a simple comparision, and do not stop at 100.. so i guess thats okay.

since the point is no longer to really beat pax, but just to run and get a lap time, then pax is just a scoring method and no longer exhibits any of its nasty properties.

Leave a comment:

• James Mewett
    replied

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Well, if the top three drivers in the series from three drifferent classes didn't beat PAX, then I think that IS a reason to revisit it the PAX Factors.
    The event PAX time is the average of the full class winner's PAX times. This means that we expect that half the class winners will beat PAX and half won't.

If you are running in SGT3 and Avi is there, it is actually easier to beat PAX than it is to beat Avi.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by lowrider View Post
    As long as we continue to drive different cars in different classes this will never be possible.
    as long as people think something is not possible, then i guess it wont be!

i do not have a masters in finite mathematics and statistical analysis, so i cant answer my own problem other than with generalized assumptions and tweaking of the current system (a-la the proposal and excel documentation provided in my other posts)

but it does not mean that the answer is not out there, it simply means none of us are smart enough to see it.

Leave a comment:

• lowrider
    replied

me?

after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
    As long as we continue to drive different cars in different classes this will never be possible.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.
    depends what has to be changed...

an input from a timing beam transfered into a digital signal and stored in a database...

technicaly we could get a team of computer science students from any of ontario's university and get them to write the stupid thing for us, they have something to put on their resumes, and some reference letters, and we get a new database!

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?
    me?

Leave a comment:

• jason_alt
    replied

So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

The one who chose his/her mods wisely.
    you're right

but like i said before, it shouldnt be about car optimization!

unfortunetly the way the current rules and pipschedules are, a big factor in how well you perform is dependant on how well your car is setup.

then you get people getting all pissy when new rules are being implemented because now they have to go through the tedious process of re-optimizing their cars

Leave a comment:

• jason_alt
    replied

7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

guess who's going to be winning all the time....
    The one who chose his/her mods wisely.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by lowrider View Post
    OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?
    7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

someone at the top of the class might be more optimized than someone at the bottom of the class

likewise, someone that "starts out" at the bottom of the class, might move to the top with a few "key" modifications, while there will be guys running stock vehicles that wont have any room for mods..

this situation is even more prevailant in the bottom tier classes, a honda civic will benefit from tripple adjustable dampers more so than a bone stock ferrari.

so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

guess who's going to be winning all the time....

Leave a comment:

• lowrider
    replied

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
    OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
    I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
    so why is it that this information is currently not public?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X