Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Originally posted by lowrider View Post
    Yes, this is very true. It seems overwhelming.
    Well, yes, but we've managed it pretty well in recent years! You can't arguee that the competition has not been close in most classes! We didn't have any runaway winners, and for the most part, people are happy with how their cars faired against others. This of course does not eman that changes and suggestions will not be heard, but they need to be for the right reasons, with supporting data and results to show how the changes will affect the sport!
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
      why dont you go and reclass everyone and then show us the results....
      OK...!!! I will reclassify everyone from 2007 just to see what the classes would look like but I will need someone to furnish me with pip schedules for all of the competitors.

Comment

OK...!!! I will reclassify everyone from 2007 just to see what the classes would look like but I will need someone to furnish me with pip schedules for all of the competitors.
        you could ask Arek for all those..

you could also ask all the competitors for their mods list

you could technicaly get everyones contact information from Ana...

set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

you could ask Arek for all those..

you could also ask all the competitors for their mods list

you could technicaly get everyones contact information from Ana...

If Arek can get me those pip schedules I will reclassify everyone from top to bottom with a 7.5 pip spread if there is enough interest.

Comment

If Arek can get me those pip schedules I will reclassify everyone from top to bottom with a 7.5 pip spread if there is enough interest.
            I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
            Arek Wojciechowski
            8legs Racing, SPC #77
            http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
              I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
              so why is it that this information is currently not public?

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
                OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?

Comment

OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?
                  7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

someone at the top of the class might be more optimized than someone at the bottom of the class

likewise, someone that "starts out" at the bottom of the class, might move to the top with a few "key" modifications, while there will be guys running stock vehicles that wont have any room for mods..

this situation is even more prevailant in the bottom tier classes, a honda civic will benefit from tripple adjustable dampers more so than a bone stock ferrari.

so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

guess who's going to be winning all the time....

Comment

7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

guess who's going to be winning all the time....
                    The one who chose his/her mods wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
                      The one who chose his/her mods wisely.
                      you're right

but like i said before, it shouldnt be about car optimization!

unfortunetly the way the current rules and pipschedules are, a big factor in how well you perform is dependant on how well your car is setup.

then you get people getting all pissy when new rules are being implemented because now they have to go through the tedious process of re-optimizing their cars

Comment

So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?

Comment

Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
                          So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?
                          me?

after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.

Comment

Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.
                            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                              Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.
                              depends what has to be changed...

an input from a timing beam transfered into a digital signal and stored in a database...

technicaly we could get a team of computer science students from any of ontario's university and get them to write the stupid thing for us, they have something to put on their resumes, and some reference letters, and we get a new database!

Comment

me?

after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
                                As long as we continue to drive different cars in different classes this will never be possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X