Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

    Originally posted by lowrider View Post
    Yes, this is very true. It seems overwhelming.
    Well, yes, but we've managed it pretty well in recent years! You can't arguee that the competition has not been close in most classes! We didn't have any runaway winners, and for the most part, people are happy with how their cars faired against others. This of course does not eman that changes and suggestions will not be heard, but they need to be for the right reasons, with supporting data and results to show how the changes will affect the sport!
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

      Originally posted by thgear View Post
      why dont you go and reclass everyone and then show us the results....
      OK...!!! I will reclassify everyone from 2007 just to see what the classes would look like but I will need someone to furnish me with pip schedules for all of the competitors.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

        Originally posted by lowrider View Post
        OK...!!! I will reclassify everyone from 2007 just to see what the classes would look like but I will need someone to furnish me with pip schedules for all of the competitors.
        you could ask Arek for all those..

        you could also ask all the competitors for their mods list

        you could technicaly get everyones contact information from Ana...

        set tire pressures to winning!

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

          Originally posted by thgear View Post
          you could ask Arek for all those..

          you could also ask all the competitors for their mods list

          you could technicaly get everyones contact information from Ana...

          If Arek can get me those pip schedules I will reclassify everyone from top to bottom with a 7.5 pip spread if there is enough interest.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

            Originally posted by lowrider View Post
            If Arek can get me those pip schedules I will reclassify everyone from top to bottom with a 7.5 pip spread if there is enough interest.
            I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
            Arek Wojciechowski
            8legs Racing, SPC #77
            http://www.8legsRacing.com

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

              Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
              I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
              so why is it that this information is currently not public?
              set tire pressures to winning!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
                I can get you a list of all the PIP totals for each competitor ... you don't need the breakdown of mods I assume, just the totals, yes? I'll try to get it tonight, but can't promise anything. In fact, I'll post the list here so anyone else is free to play around with the numbers
                OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                  Originally posted by lowrider View Post
                  OK. Fundamentally, this should result in running 8 classes instead of 12. Is this desirable? Do drivers want to run in larger and broader classes?
                  7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

                  someone at the top of the class might be more optimized than someone at the bottom of the class

                  likewise, someone that "starts out" at the bottom of the class, might move to the top with a few "key" modifications, while there will be guys running stock vehicles that wont have any room for mods..

                  this situation is even more prevailant in the bottom tier classes, a honda civic will benefit from tripple adjustable dampers more so than a bone stock ferrari.

                  so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

                  guess who's going to be winning all the time....
                  set tire pressures to winning!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                    Originally posted by thgear View Post
                    7 pips is alot of mods tho, keep that in mind

                    so you'll get two honda civics in the same class, one with tripple adjustable dampers and the other with 30 more horsepower

                    guess who's going to be winning all the time....
                    The one who chose his/her mods wisely.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                      Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
                      The one who chose his/her mods wisely.
                      you're right

                      but like i said before, it shouldnt be about car optimization!

                      unfortunetly the way the current rules and pipschedules are, a big factor in how well you perform is dependant on how well your car is setup.

                      then you get people getting all pissy when new rules are being implemented because now they have to go through the tedious process of re-optimizing their cars
                      set tire pressures to winning!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                        So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                          Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
                          So what i'm hearing is you'd like to break it down strictly to driver skill?
                          me?

                          after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
                          set tire pressures to winning!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                            Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

                            Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.
                            sigpic

                            Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                              Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                              Keep in mind that Victor del Col who wrote our timing software is no longer doing SoloSprint. Is the software still running in a DOS environment? Was it written in COBOL or something like that?

                              Any changes to the software will likely not happen easily.
                              depends what has to be changed...

                              an input from a timing beam transfered into a digital signal and stored in a database...

                              technicaly we could get a team of computer science students from any of ontario's university and get them to write the stupid thing for us, they have something to put on their resumes, and some reference letters, and we get a new database!
                              set tire pressures to winning!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

                                Originally posted by thgear View Post
                                me?

                                after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
                                As long as we continue to drive different cars in different classes this will never be possible.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X