Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Originally posted by lowrider View Post
    As long as we continue to drive different cars in different classes this will never be possible.
    as long as people think something is not possible, then i guess it wont be!

i do not have a masters in finite mathematics and statistical analysis, so i cant answer my own problem other than with generalized assumptions and tweaking of the current system (a-la the proposal and excel documentation provided in my other posts)

but it does not mean that the answer is not out there, it simply means none of us are smart enough to see it.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
      Well, if the top three drivers in the series from three drifferent classes didn't beat PAX, then I think that IS a reason to revisit it the PAX Factors.
      The event PAX time is the average of the full class winner's PAX times. This means that we expect that half the class winners will beat PAX and half won't.

If you are running in SGT3 and Avi is there, it is actually easier to beat PAX than it is to beat Avi.
      James Mewett
      CCC Lurker

Comment

Originally posted by James Mewett View Post
        The event PAX time is the average of the full class winner's PAX times. This means that we expect that half the class winners will beat PAX and half won't.

If you are running in SGT3 and Avi is there, it is actually easier to beat PAX than it is to beat Avi.
        therein liest another caveat

altho not so much a problem in my proposed system were the points one recieves are a simple comparision, and do not stop at 100.. so i guess thats okay.

since the point is no longer to really beat pax, but just to run and get a lap time, then pax is just a scoring method and no longer exhibits any of its nasty properties.

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
          me?

after sitting down in a number of the solosprint executive meetings and talking it over with the CCC reps... it seems to me that thats the whole point of the series.
          Well if that's the whole point of the series, which i'm not sure I agree with, then a step in that direction should be a spec tire for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_alt View Post
            Well if that's the whole point of the series, which i'm not sure I agree with, then a step in that direction should be a spec tire for starters.
            one would think that tires improve laptimes consistently across the field

but it seems reports from various competitiors do not form a liner answer....

Comment

ohh and personaly i'm all up for spec tires.

Comment

Originally posted by James Mewett View Post

That was my point... Serge said that Avi, Andy and Luca DIDN'T beat PAX (I didn't verify his math), but these were the three best guys in our series. Perhaps the PAX factors in 3.6.3 for aren't correct for the classes GT2, GT1, SGT3?

Not criticism... just tweaking.
                sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                  That was my point... Serge said that Avi, Andy and Luca DIDN'T beat PAX, but these were the three best guys in our series. Perhaps the PAX factors in 3.6.3 for aren't correct for the classes GT2, GT1, SGT3?

Not criticism... just tweaking.
                  no i was talking about event # 9 only

overall , avi, andy and luca beat pax quite a number of times... and by alot...

Comment

happy? HA
                    Uh, Serge... I said "generally happy".

Your proposal, in another thread, is a slight modification based on today's mostly solid principles. I support your changes fully. Lowrider, who started this thread, has suggested a radical change to the entire method of classing and scoring.

You misunderstood my comment.

Comment

ohh and personaly i'm all up for spec tires.
                      Oh for the love of god no... I just spent 1100 on tires and rims that I'm SURE will not be the spec, and the tire that I assume would be spec (RA1) is not even made in the size that I need for my car.

I would more happily lose to people who buy hoosiers than have my investment put me in Mod and lose to purpose built race cars.

Last year with my Mazda I would have agreed, but this year I see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMatt View Post
                        Oh for the love of god no... I just spent 1100 on tires and rims that I'm SURE will not be the spec, and the tire that I assume would be spec (RA1) is not even made in the size that I need for my car.

I would more happily lose to people who buy hoosiers than have my investment put me in Mod and lose to purpose built race cars.

Last year with my Mazda I would have agreed, but this year I see the light.

what size you need....

Comment

My front rims are 13" dia and 9" wide, 8"wide in the back.

Comment

There is always the problem of tracks being different... what if we somehow incorporated the track record for each class at each track into the scoring? Avi and Luca drove their pants off at the pro-track and set track records, right? So PAX must be a bit off for the track for those classes for some reason...

Of course, you need to make sure there is a good track record set by a good driver in a properly set up for the class car in every class I guess, to make it fair.

Anyway, just a thought. The track record seems like a very fixed and definite way to say "this is what a fast time in this class shoud be". Then if you have an underfilled class, they do have something to compete against - the track record. This could be merged with PAX and other factors somehow.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.
                            Blue WRX Wagon
                            #171 SGT3 / #71 ESP
                            Subaru Performance Driver's Association (SPDA) /
                            National Capital Subaru Club (NCSC)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve2 View Post
                              There is always the problem of tracks being different... what if we somehow incorporated the track record for each class at each track into the scoring? Avi and Luca drove their pants off at the pro-track and set track records, right? So PAX must be a bit off for the track for those classes for some reason...

Of course, you need to make sure there is a good track record set by a good driver in a properly set up for the class car in every class I guess, to make it fair.

Anyway, just a thought. The track record seems like a very fixed and definite way to say "this is what a fast time in this class shoud be". Then if you have an underfilled class, they do have something to compete against - the track record. This could be merged with PAX and other factors somehow.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.
                              Hmmmm ... interresting idea! It would be interresting to compare the track records agains the PAX of the events, just to see how these matchup. A good way to see if PAX is getting close as well.
                              Arek Wojciechowski
                              8legs Racing, SPC #77
                              http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Track records are often set in ideal conditions like we had at Shannonville... higher track temperatures from the sun with low air temperature for horsepower.

On any given Sunday, track records could be unobtainable and irrelevant due to high ambient temp, damp track, dirty track, oil on track, etc.

Not to mention, if one of those cars was reclassified, such as Avi's STi, the track record does not change class with the car. So you might be competing against a record set by a car that's now a class above.

Rembmer though... most of Avi's GT1 records were set with Yokohamas, so there's no reason to think these can't be knocked off.
                                sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                                OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Working...
                                X