Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

These discussions are great. That's how we moved from the old 18 class system to the current 10 class system. Imagine how people felt running with so many classes underfilled. In those days, you simply got 97.5 points if you won a 2 car class, and 95 points if you were the only car in the class.

As James and Arek have pointed out, the results are available for the past 6 or 7 seasons. Come up with a new system, and run the results through it. The goal is to show that the good drivers in well prepared cars rise to the top.

Something to consider beyond changing the spread to 7.5 points: We have smaller classes at the extremes. The number of cars in a class looks like a bell curve. What about making the spread wider at the extremes, and narrower for the SGT3/GT1/GT2 cars?

Also, as noted, Victor del Col wrote the timing and scoring (2 separate programs) in BASIC. I went over them with an eye to port to Visual Basic. He's got port calls, his own DB system, and other low level stuff that scared me away, and the code for the UI was so complex that it scared me away for good.

Instead, I learned Access, and set up the registration system.

The code is available, and would make a great project for anyone interested. In fact, the code is one of the main things that is holding us back from making any changes to the timing and scoring system.

Bring your ideas to the CCC meeting prior to the banquet!
    sigpic
    Rob McAuley
    TAC President

Comment

Originally posted by Rob McAuley View Post
      Also, as noted, Victor del Col wrote the timing and scoring (2 separate programs) in BASIC. I went over them with an eye to port to Visual Basic. He's got port calls, his own DB system, and other low level stuff that scared me away, and the code for the UI was so complex that it scared me away for good.

Instead, I learned Access, and set up the registration system.

The code is available, and would make a great project for anyone interested. In fact, the code is one of the main things that is holding us back from making any changes to the timing and scoring system.

Bring your ideas to the CCC meeting prior to the banquet!
      If you can send me the code I will see what I can do with it. If I can't, I have a few programmer buddies that are looking for something to do over the winter anyway (they have no social life ....lol)! I will need some input from the users to streamline the software as I am sure there is always room for improvements.

Brian
      Black '93 325is
      Brian
      '93 Black 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Hooked View Post
        If you can send me the code I will see what I can do with it. If I can't, I have a few programmer buddies that are looking for something to do over the winter anyway (they have no social life ....lol)! I will need some input from the users to streamline the software as I am sure there is always room for improvements.

Brian
        Black '93 325is
        Brian,

Did you see my post about the CCDB needing a new owner/caretaker? I won't be able to commit full time to it next season, so someone needs to take over. It's an ASP.net 2.0 web application ... let me know if you or your buddies can help!
        Arek Wojciechowski
        8legs Racing, SPC #77
        http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

K...I spoke to my buddy and he is interested in porting over the software to a Windows platform for us...so all I need is the code...some ideas for mods, output forms, and anything to help the grid marshalls while gridding...
          Brian
          '93 Black 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Hooked View Post
            K...I spoke to my buddy and he is interested in porting over the software to a Windows platform for us...so all I need is the code...some ideas for mods, output forms, and anything to help the grid marshalls while gridding...
            WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU GUYS DO< PLEASE< FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE STUPID THING SPIT OUT INFORMATION IN EXCEL OR EXCEL READY FORMAT

thank you

set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Working...
            X