• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thgear
    replied
    Re: Solo 1 Scoring & Classification Proposal

Originally posted by Hooked View Post
    K...I spoke to my buddy and he is interested in porting over the software to a Windows platform for us...so all I need is the code...some ideas for mods, output forms, and anything to help the grid marshalls while gridding...
    WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU GUYS DO< PLEASE< FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THE STUPID THING SPIT OUT INFORMATION IN EXCEL OR EXCEL READY FORMAT

thank you

Leave a comment:

• Hooked
    replied
    Re: Solo 1 Scoring &amp; Classification Proposal

K...I spoke to my buddy and he is interested in porting over the software to a Windows platform for us...so all I need is the code...some ideas for mods, output forms, and anything to help the grid marshalls while gridding...

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Originally posted by Hooked View Post
    If you can send me the code I will see what I can do with it. If I can't, I have a few programmer buddies that are looking for something to do over the winter anyway (they have no social life ....lol)! I will need some input from the users to streamline the software as I am sure there is always room for improvements.

Brian
    Black '93 325is
    Brian,

Did you see my post about the CCDB needing a new owner/caretaker? I won't be able to commit full time to it next season, so someone needs to take over. It's an ASP.net 2.0 web application ... let me know if you or your buddies can help!

Leave a comment:

• Hooked
    replied

Originally posted by Rob McAuley View Post
    Also, as noted, Victor del Col wrote the timing and scoring (2 separate programs) in BASIC. I went over them with an eye to port to Visual Basic. He's got port calls, his own DB system, and other low level stuff that scared me away, and the code for the UI was so complex that it scared me away for good.

Instead, I learned Access, and set up the registration system.

The code is available, and would make a great project for anyone interested. In fact, the code is one of the main things that is holding us back from making any changes to the timing and scoring system.

Bring your ideas to the CCC meeting prior to the banquet!
    If you can send me the code I will see what I can do with it. If I can't, I have a few programmer buddies that are looking for something to do over the winter anyway (they have no social life ....lol)! I will need some input from the users to streamline the software as I am sure there is always room for improvements.

Brian
    Black '93 325is

Leave a comment:

• Rob McAuley
    replied

These discussions are great. That's how we moved from the old 18 class system to the current 10 class system. Imagine how people felt running with so many classes underfilled. In those days, you simply got 97.5 points if you won a 2 car class, and 95 points if you were the only car in the class.

As James and Arek have pointed out, the results are available for the past 6 or 7 seasons. Come up with a new system, and run the results through it. The goal is to show that the good drivers in well prepared cars rise to the top.

Something to consider beyond changing the spread to 7.5 points: We have smaller classes at the extremes. The number of cars in a class looks like a bell curve. What about making the spread wider at the extremes, and narrower for the SGT3/GT1/GT2 cars?

Also, as noted, Victor del Col wrote the timing and scoring (2 separate programs) in BASIC. I went over them with an eye to port to Visual Basic. He's got port calls, his own DB system, and other low level stuff that scared me away, and the code for the UI was so complex that it scared me away for good.

Instead, I learned Access, and set up the registration system.

The code is available, and would make a great project for anyone interested. In fact, the code is one of the main things that is holding us back from making any changes to the timing and scoring system.

Bring your ideas to the CCC meeting prior to the banquet!

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

Track records are often set in ideal conditions like we had at Shannonville... higher track temperatures from the sun with low air temperature for horsepower.

On any given Sunday, track records could be unobtainable and irrelevant due to high ambient temp, damp track, dirty track, oil on track, etc.

Not to mention, if one of those cars was reclassified, such as Avi's STi, the track record does not change class with the car. So you might be competing against a record set by a car that's now a class above.

Rembmer though... most of Avi's GT1 records were set with Yokohamas, so there's no reason to think these can't be knocked off.

Leave a comment:

• ScotcH
    replied

Originally posted by Steve2 View Post
    There is always the problem of tracks being different... what if we somehow incorporated the track record for each class at each track into the scoring? Avi and Luca drove their pants off at the pro-track and set track records, right? So PAX must be a bit off for the track for those classes for some reason...

Of course, you need to make sure there is a good track record set by a good driver in a properly set up for the class car in every class I guess, to make it fair.

Anyway, just a thought. The track record seems like a very fixed and definite way to say "this is what a fast time in this class shoud be". Then if you have an underfilled class, they do have something to compete against - the track record. This could be merged with PAX and other factors somehow.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.
    Hmmmm ... interresting idea! It would be interresting to compare the track records agains the PAX of the events, just to see how these matchup. A good way to see if PAX is getting close as well.

Leave a comment:

• Steve2
    replied

There is always the problem of tracks being different... what if we somehow incorporated the track record for each class at each track into the scoring? Avi and Luca drove their pants off at the pro-track and set track records, right? So PAX must be a bit off for the track for those classes for some reason...

Of course, you need to make sure there is a good track record set by a good driver in a properly set up for the class car in every class I guess, to make it fair.

Anyway, just a thought. The track record seems like a very fixed and definite way to say "this is what a fast time in this class shoud be". Then if you have an underfilled class, they do have something to compete against - the track record. This could be merged with PAX and other factors somehow.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMatt
    replied

My front rims are 13" dia and 9" wide, 8"wide in the back.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    Oh for the love of god no... I just spent 1100 on tires and rims that I'm SURE will not be the spec, and the tire that I assume would be spec (RA1) is not even made in the size that I need for my car.

I would more happily lose to people who buy hoosiers than have my investment put me in Mod and lose to purpose built race cars.

Last year with my Mazda I would have agreed, but this year I see the light.

what size you need....

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMatt
    replied

Originally posted by thgear View Post
    ohh and personaly i'm all up for spec tires.
    Oh for the love of god no... I just spent 1100 on tires and rims that I'm SURE will not be the spec, and the tire that I assume would be spec (RA1) is not even made in the size that I need for my car.

I would more happily lose to people who buy hoosiers than have my investment put me in Mod and lose to purpose built race cars.

Last year with my Mazda I would have agreed, but this year I see the light.

Leave a comment:

• MazdaMatt
    replied

Originally posted by thgear View Post
    happy? HA
    Uh, Serge... I said "generally happy".

Your proposal, in another thread, is a slight modification based on today's mostly solid principles. I support your changes fully. Lowrider, who started this thread, has suggested a radical change to the entire method of classing and scoring.

You misunderstood my comment.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
    That was my point... Serge said that Avi, Andy and Luca DIDN'T beat PAX, but these were the three best guys in our series. Perhaps the PAX factors in 3.6.3 for aren't correct for the classes GT2, GT1, SGT3?

Not criticism... just tweaking.
    no i was talking about event # 9 only

overall , avi, andy and luca beat pax quite a number of times... and by alot...

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

Originally posted by James Mewett View Post
    The event PAX time is the average of the full class winner's PAX times. This means that we expect that half the class winners will beat PAX and half won't.

If you are running in SGT3 and Avi is there, it is actually easier to beat PAX than it is to beat Avi.
    That was my point... Serge said that Avi, Andy and Luca DIDN'T beat PAX (I didn't verify his math), but these were the three best guys in our series. Perhaps the PAX factors in 3.6.3 for aren't correct for the classes GT2, GT1, SGT3?

Not criticism... just tweaking.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

ohh and personaly i'm all up for spec tires.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X