Getting ready for 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for 08

I've decided I want to run next year. I know I need my Class C and a PIP sheet. The PIP sheet must be submitted ahead of time in order to register a car and number right? I have looked at the Solosprint event reg and important info sheet and am wondering where I get the SoloSprint Annual Inspection Checklist? I allready have a log book from a lapping day. Keep in mind that I have run lapping days before therefore I have a helmet tires etc. What else do I need in order to run next year?
    One Day

Re: Getting ready for 08

just run

or try and kick ass?
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

- 2008 Club Membership in the SPDA
      - Tech inspection filled out next spring:
      http://www.soloontario.com/2007SafetyChecklist.pdf
      - Not just any helmet... Snell 2000 or newer (look for sticker behind the lining of the helmet)
      - Wait until January to buy your CASC class C license

Come to the open house first weekend of April next year to sign up for the season!
      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
        - 2008 Club Membership in the SPDA
        Not quite, but good try.

Before you get your class C license, you'll need to be in a CASC-OR affiliated club such as the Toronto Autosport Club(TAC), OMSC, BARC, etc.
        Andy
        Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeRacer View Post
          The PIP sheet must be submitted ahead of time in order to register a car and number right?
          The Pip schedule's are submitted online now, and you register for a car number at the CASC website after you buy your CASC license. You do have to fill out a series registration form though - you can do that at the track (be nice if you did it at the Open house though)
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
            Not quite, but good try.

Before you get your class C license, you'll need to be in a CASC-OR affiliated club such as the Toronto Autosport Club(TAC), OMSC, BARC, etc.
            And SPDA
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            2014 Solo2 Car #46

Comment

Not quite, but good try.
              Oh, relax. It's not that far-fetched since he is already a 2007 member with the SPDA.

Yes, as Andy mentions, you can change clubs if you prefer to any FIA affiliated club. But why? You're already with the 2008 champions.
              sigpic

Comment

This brings up something I've been wondering for awhile . I'm planning to jump in too next year as a total novice with zero experience . Does it matter which club I join ? Aside from the obvious , Honda with HADA or SPDA with a Subaru . Do certain clubs focus more on solo 1 or road racing ? I was thinking of going local with OMSC . Do certain clubs do more lapping days which give discounts to members ? I'm planning on driving a 94 Mustang GT if I have it ready ....

Thanks John
                sigpic1999 Acura Integra
                # 699 SGT 1 OTA
                998 Miata Chumpcar

Comment

OMSC does several lapping days at DDT throughout the year...I believe their discount is generally $10/day for being a member.

On the other hand, TAC is generally regarded as the choice of Mustang participants.
                  Andy

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNNYD View Post
                    This brings up something I've been wondering for awhile . I'm planning to jump in too next year as a total novice with zero experience . Does it matter which club I join ? Aside from the obvious , Honda with HADA or SPDA with a Subaru . Do certain clubs focus more on solo 1 or road racing ? I was thinking of going local with OMSC . Do certain clubs do more lapping days which give discounts to members ? I'm planning on driving a 94 Mustang GT if I have it ready ....
                    That's a really good question John, and we should probably sticky a thread over the winter for each of the clubs to post what they're about. Really though, that's what this page is for:

http://www.casc.on.ca/clubs.php

You'll find on the Clubs page that there's varied reasons for a club to exist, but generally it's one of three things: A marque (e.g.: BMW Trillium), a geographical location (e.g.: TAC), or a specific sport (MLRC). I currently have membership in two clubs (previously three) because each club offers something different that I appreciate.

If you look at the entry for SPDA, you won't see Subaru mentioned there anywhere anymore. It's definitely our roots, but we find that we have more in common with motorsports enthusiasts than just Subaru owners, and that's what's important. 2007 saw more people with varied car marques join the SPDA than ever before, and I think you'll see that trend continue.

SPDA is a relatively young club and is still growing. In Solo2 SPDA members were four of the top ten this year, and over a third of the registered competitors for the series. We had three of the top ten in SoloSprint, (but one is unadvertised ) and a good chunk of the rest of the field. We've had a surprising number of guys join us at the end of the year as well wanting to get involved in Solosprint and our numbers will be higher in 2008. Our members are only just starting to compete in Road Race, but that will be a bigger field as well in 2008.

Our lapping days have mainly been organized by our Ottawa chapter at Shannonville, but we keep members apprised of other clubs safe lapping days in our meets and events forum that our members can access at par or for ~$10 more.

We have significant discounts with our sponsors as well which helps keep costs reasonable for our members.

But I suggest that you come out to an event like this weekend's Nationals and talk to the people in the clubs.

If you're really interested in finding the "right" club for you though, come out and meet people at the events. That's what will keep you in a club on a long term basis... not cheaper lapping.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Pip schedule's are submitted online now, and you register for a car number at the CASC website after you buy your CASC license. You do have to fill out a series registration form though - you can do that at the track (be nice if you did it at the Open house though)
                      But for PIP schedules, don't we have to wait until next year anyway, as I am sure that there will be some rule changes between now and March/April.

Speaking of which, that is probably something that needs to get ironed out ASAP, since (some) people will be prepping their cars around what exactly those rules are.

Not trying to rush anything... just commenting. I am sure it will get done after the banquet meeting.
                      Blue WRX Wagon
                      #171 SGT3 / #71 ESP
                      Subaru Performance Driver's Association (SPDA) /
                      National Capital Subaru Club (NCSC)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve2 View Post
                        But for PIP schedules, don't we have to wait until next year anyway, as I am sure that there will be some rule changes between now and March/April.

Speaking of which, that is probably something that needs to get ironed out ASAP, since (some) people will be prepping their cars around what exactly those rules are.

Not trying to rush anything... just commenting. I am sure it will get done after the banquet meeting.
                        your ass better be there at the pre-banquet meeting then.

Comment

If I can make it I will... I am away on business the week before, and as it is, just to make the banquet, I fly straight back into T.O saturday afternoon, and will need to catch a ride back to Ottawa with Arek sunday after the banquet!

Not sure what time my flight gets in, and how I will get out to Markham yet.
                          Blue WRX Wagon
                          #171 SGT3 / #71 ESP
                          Subaru Performance Driver's Association (SPDA) /
                          National Capital Subaru Club (NCSC)

Comment

do a para-drop "commando" style

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNNYD View Post
                              I was thinking of going local with OMSC . Do certain clubs do more lapping days which give discounts to members ? I'm planning on driving a 94 Mustang GT if I have it ready ....

Thanks John
                              OMSC is a good club. There are at least a couple Mustang guys in the club, or you could get a Camaro and join SGT3 in SoloSprint!!! (right now we already have 2 of 2 Camaros in SGT3 in our club! ).

There seems to be a good mix of interest between the club members. A few into SoloSprint, some into Solo II, Ice Race, Regionals, etc. Typically when we host a lapping day, it's $175 for non club members, and $150 for members, but that all depends on the day/track.

www.omsc.ca for club info.

Or TAC if you want to be associated with those "other" Mustang guys!!
                              OMSC
                              Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                              Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Working...
                              X