Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented Fender at National Event?

Hey guys,

We found that at some point during the national weekend, our Integras front right fender somehow got a very smooth, rather large dent on it. It doesn't look like anything hit it as there is no scratch or chip in the paint, nor is there any sharp crease along the edges of the dent. While it was fun to say that it was Osberts ass print from when he leaned on it, I really don't think that caused it either.

I've heard of some of the newer Civics (01+ with sunroofs) getting dents in their roof due to chassis flex from autox with R-comps, is it possible for this dent to have been caused by chassis flex? Incase it makes any difference, the suspension setup is 780F/450R springs, with a front and rear upper strut tower braces, and Toyo RA1 tires.

The OEM Integra lower tie bar was actually removed, because it interfered with the K20 swap, and we put nothing to replace it yet.

What do you guys think?
    --
    Chris De Freitas
    www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Re: Dented Fender at National Event?

This seems pretty unreasonable to me ... though I suppose anything is possible.
    Arek Wojciechowski
    8legs Racing, SPC #77
    http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon View Post
      Hey guys,

We found that at some point during the national weekend, our Integras front right fender somehow got a very smooth, rather large dent on it. It doesn't look like anything hit it as there is no scratch or chip in the paint, nor is there any sharp crease along the edges of the dent. While it was fun to say that it was Osberts ass print from when he leaned on it, I really don't think that caused it either.

I've heard of some of the newer Civics (01+ with sunroofs) getting dents in their roof due to chassis flex from autox with R-comps, is it possible for this dent to have been caused by chassis flex? Incase it makes any difference, the suspension setup is 780F/450R springs, with a front and rear upper strut tower braces, and Toyo RA1 tires.

The OEM Integra lower tie bar was actually removed, because it interfered with the K20 swap, and we put nothing to replace it yet.

What do you guys think?
      It doesn't seem likely that a front fender would be affected by chasis flex. I've heard of windshields cracking etc. but not fenders 'denting'. It's more likely that someone leaned on it as happened to me earlier in the season. I know some great dent removal people if you need a recommendation.

Comment

puny honda's, buahahah

ive had people sprawl themselves on the hood of my car and no dents, buahahah

buahah...

maybe thats why my car is 2900lb
        set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

If the chassis flexes that much on the Integra, it should probably have it's suspension index lowered.

Possibly some paddock or pit lane maneuvering where someone wasn't even aware that they bumped you.
          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

no way its flex...the fenders are really not structural to the frame..someone either hit your car or you hit something

i have busted windshields..and seen the frame flex and doors get misaligned...
            Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

Fair enough, thanks guys.
              The dent isn't really of too much concern, im sure it could be fixed easily. I was just more curious as to what caused it.
              --
              Chris De Freitas
              www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Comment

i might get kicked in the nuts from TM but..

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/05/10885/

Comment

Ok, so where does one buy a bottle of CO2 like that?!!?!?
                  (I might have a dent or two I could use that technique on ).
                  OMSC
                  Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                  Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post

did you not read the text?

you get any one of those dust blowers, just dont shake it, and turn it upside down when you use it

i just tried it at work on my desk, got a nice layer of frost
                    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

...or if you play paintball you can REALLY blast it with an icy chill by unloading your tank on it.

I think the same technique is used in body shops except instead of a hairdrying and co2, they use a torch and cold water. Not so good for paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
                        those cans are used to clean computers and stuff

-staples
                        -business depot
                        -grand and toy
                        -office supply warehouse
                        -futureshop
                        -best buy

it's one of those things you have to try at home after surfing the net

kinda like this
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmdo2T_g5FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIVLQCZJGAw
                        Last edited by finboy; 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X