+1
      Powered by Can Jam Motorsports
      sigpic
      Professional Data Recovery; 888-CALL-TIM, www.calltim.ca

Comment

Re: looking back at the 2007 CSC

Originally posted by shawn cormier View Post
        I still think thing will run smoother with bikini girls
        Maybe if we had bikini girls in pit lane, more drivers would show up early to the grid and stay by their cars instead of wandering off?

My only concern is that someone like ... oh I don't know... Dave Pratte is going to want to reciprocate for the lady drivers...
        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by ScotcH View Post
          The reason for the groups is Marshal assignments. We need people to know what group they run in so that they can marshal in the other groups. It would be great is we didn't have to marshal, but the reality is that it's a neccessary task unless we all want to add $50 to the entry fees
          i thought mosport forces on us their own marshals...
          set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
            Maybe if we had bikini girls in pit lane, more drivers would show up early to the grid and stay by their cars instead of wandering off?

My only concern is that someone like ... oh I don't know... Dave Pratte is going to want to reciprocate for the lady drivers...
            simple solutions, ban dave pratte!
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
              Dave Pratte is going to want to reciprocate for the lady drivers...
              Um.. Ok, if Bikini girls are in the pits, Dave can walk around in his bikini "speedo's" for the girls.
              President, Co-Founder
              http://www.spda-online.ca
              sigpic
              SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
              2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
              2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
              Supported by the greatest companies!!
              Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                i thought mosport forces on us their own marshals...
                There is more to marshal duties than just waving flags ... most people had assignments at the Nationals (timers, clerks, grid, etc.)
                Arek Wojciechowski
                8legs Racing, SPC #77
                http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                  Um.. Ok, if Bikini girls are in the pits, Dave can walk around in his bikini "speedo's" for the girls.
                  Tough call.................nope can t let it happen....sorry Dave Serge wins.............your banned!

Comment

Originally posted by djphoebus View Post
                    What's the reason being running group? and not mixing them if needed?
                    You would then have people in the same class running is possibly different track & weather conditions, moreso that when everyone in a class is in the same run group. With the exception of co-drivers.

If the run order was not changed, you could have a sensible dry order, which later changes to alternating fast/slow cars/drivers on the grid due to a change in track conditions. You could not run even three cars on the track, because the third car would be significantly faster than the second car, and we get perpetual yellow flags. As it was, some drivers were so much faster than the driver gridded ahead of them, that they were yellow flagged until the track was clear, then given their three hot laps. I think John P almost ended up like this.

Now Carl, if your understanding is that people with rain tires from one run group (say X) were moved up to run with people from another run group (say Z), then I think the point is well made. Otherwise, I think a lot more competitors would have been frustrated at seeing just two cars on the track, than were frustrated by the change of grid order.

Comment

Working...
                    X