This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Requests for Base Car list updates here

2000 honda s2000, im not sure of any diffrences from the 2002 model aready classified other then it has a plastic rear window aposed to glass, thanks.
    Jeremy Brutzki
    177 gt3 honda s2000

Comment

Originally posted by Apex177 View Post
      2000 honda s2000, im not sure of any diffrences from the 2002 model aready classified other then it has a plastic rear window aposed to glass, thanks.
      Jeremy, I think you are fine as long as the 2000 and 2002 cars are the same model.
      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new here and would like a classification for 2007 BMW E-92 328i 6MT, non LSD. 3,350.08lbs. 230hp. Driver weight 240lbs.
        Thanks TomB Oo=[][]=oO
        sigpicOo=[][]=oO
        OTA#33 TomB,

Comment

SCCA Spec Racer Ford; I believe its in the open class as it's a purpose built race car. Does it need it's own entry
          Or so I used the "not production based" option?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Cypher View Post
            SCCA Spec Racer Ford; I believe its in the open class as it's a purpose built race car. Does it need it's own entry
            Or so I used the "not production based" option?
            Scott, you have an Open Mod car there. It won't be entered in the CCDB as it is not production based.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR-73 View Post
              2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Cheers.
              Now in the CCDB as well as the Ford Focus SE

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new here and would like a classification for 2007 Volvo S60 2.5T , AWD, AT, 210Hp, 3,571lbs.

Thanks a lot .

Val
                Last edited by Strong Man; 05-22-2014, 11:12 AM.
                2013 Audi S5 3.0T

Comment

I wanted to ask why would Factored sPIPs be higher than the actual sPIPs?
                  sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Originally posted by Merkur_XR View Post
                    I wanted to ask why would Factored sPIPs be higher than the actual sPIPs?
                    Can anyone explain this? I don't understand the calculation obviously.
                    sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Can anyone explain this? I don't understand the calculation obviously.
                      Its due to the handling index of your car. Example coils are worth 6spips but when adding it to your pip schedule, it is adjusted by a factor based off of your handling index and results in less than 6pips being added to your car.
                      "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haikara2308 View Post
                        Its due to the handling index of your car. Example coils are worth 6spips but when adding it to your pip schedule, it is adjusted by a factor based off of your handling index and results in less than 6pips being added to your car.
                        That seems like the opposite of what I am seeing my handling index is low 25 but with the suspension mods I have 9 sPIPs yet the factored number is 11. Your example is it being lower but in my case the factored in the calculation is higher than the actual PIPS, something I am not understanding.
                        sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

That seems like the opposite of what I am seeing my handling index is low 25 but with the suspension mods I have 9 sPIPs yet the factored number is 11. Your example is it being lower but in my case the factored in the calculation is higher than the actual PIPS, something I am not understanding.
                          I see what you mean now, I tried a car with 25 handling index and the factor spips do go up instead of decreasing. The only reason why I can see this happening is that the benefit lower handling cars get with improved suspension is greater than the benefit that high handling cars would get with the same type of mod. I'm not sure at what handling index does the factor spips increase compared to it decreasing but I'm pretty sure that is the reason why it is increasing for you.
                          "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
                          sigpic

Comment

Curious where the 2015 GTI and WRX will be classed?
                            Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Originally posted by haikara2308 View Post
                              I see what you mean now, I tried a car with 25 handling index and the factor spips do go up instead of decreasing. The only reason why I can see this happening is that the benefit lower handling cars get with improved suspension is greater than the benefit that high handling cars would get with the same type of mod. I'm not sure at what handling index does the factor spips increase compared to it decreasing but I'm pretty sure that is the reason why it is increasing for you.

yes... this is the explicit intention....

a car with a low base handling index is assumed to benefit the most from upgrades.

you can find the graph on page 33 of the rulebook
                              set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Fubawu View Post
                                Curious where the 2015 GTI and WRX will be classed?
                                Car shopping John??

Comment

Working...
                                X