This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Requests for Base Car list updates here

Colin, the easiest thing for such a car is to run in modified.

We can make an estimate of power/wgt but don't really have a good idea about an appropriate Handling Index.
    Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Evora / Golf GLS / 2012 Si
      ^^^ Those cars are currently being discussed by the CCC.

Anything else?
      Andy
      Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
        Evora / Golf GLS / 2012 Si
        ^^^ Those cars are currently being discussed by the CCC.

Anything else?
        Musta ...

sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Hi.

Can you please update the list to include a 1996 Honda Civic Si coupe.

Manufacturer rated horsepower is 127, torque 107. Curb weight is 2262lbs.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Curlybandit; 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

please update for a 1995 nissan 240sx with sr20det engine

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by just2sxy View Post
              please update for a 1995 nissan 240sx with sr20det engine

thanks
              is this a north american 240sx with an engine swap, or an imported JDM car?

also is it the SE or LE trim package?
              set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Curlybandit View Post
                Hi.

Can you please update the list to include a 1996 Honda Civic Si coupe.

Manufacturer rated horsepower is 127, torque 107. Curb weight is 2262lbs.

Thanks.
                Hi, could you please state the source of the cars weight?
                set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                  is this a north american 240sx with an engine swap, or an imported JDM car?

also is it the SE or LE trim package?
                  i got 1 of each . SE i believe

Comment

Can you please add the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. 263hp, 3245lbs curb weight.

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazdasp...res-specs.html
                    -=Brian=-

Comment

On the database you list the 135i as 3282lbs and having 330 horsepower at the crank. On BMW's website the car is listed at 3373lbs (for manual) and 300 horsepower at the crank. The 135i and the 335i both share the same N54 engine which produces 300 horsepower at the crank which you have correctly noted for the 335i on the database so why is it that the 135i is listed at 330 horsepower and a lower weight than BMW specification? By changing these values to the correct ones the 135i should have a PI of 78.3 rather than 81.4.

Source: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...fications.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by scorcherjf View Post
                        On the database you list the 135i as 3282lbs and having 330 horsepower at the crank. On BMW's website the car is listed at 3373lbs (for manual) and 300 horsepower at the crank. The 135i and the 335i both share the same N54 engine which produces 300 horsepower at the crank which you have correctly noted for the 335i on the database so why is it that the 135i is listed at 330 horsepower and a lower weight than BMW specification? By changing these values to the correct ones the 135i should have a PI of 78.3 rather than 81.4.

Are these all 2012 models you are interested in?
                        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by thekid View Post
                          Can you please add the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. 263hp, 3245lbs curb weight.

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazdasp...res-specs.html
                          Added.
                          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by scorcherjf View Post

Our information has been that the N54 has been seriously under rated by BMW. We may have made an error in not increasing the HP in the 335.
                            Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Can you add the 2007 Mustang Shelby GT?
                              Not to be confused with the GT500!
                              Just want to see how it fits in.
                              http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...07shelbygt.htm
                              http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/specs.html
                              Thanks
                              Perry
                              Last edited by ONdriver; 07-27-2011, 09:19 PM. Reason: added link
                              #25 summer & winter

Comment

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
                                Are these all 2012 models you are interested in?
                                No but I was just quoting the current statistics on BMW's site because the car hasn't changed from the 2008 model.

Here is edmund's site showing the same exact weight and horsepower for the 2008 model: http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/1-series/...tyle=100974975

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                                Our information has been that the N54 has been seriously under rated by BMW. We may have made an error in not increasing the HP in the 335.
                                Ok there may be a mistake with the 335i (and in that case the 535i and the X5 35i and the X6 35i) which is a bit arbitrary to say... what about the 3282lbs versus 3373lbs quoted on BMW's and edmund's site? How did the car magically lose 100lbs for the database?

Comment

Working...
                                X