2008 Solosprint Open House THIS SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Solosprint Open House THIS SUNDAY

As posted on the home page, this Sunday is the Open House, hosted at CSC Racing in Newmarket, Hosted by SPDA.

This post is for all of us who choose new posts only, and never check the home page.

Come and sign up for the Solosprint series, and the Solosprint school too!

Things there this year:

CSC Racing's has a tax free day on all their inventory, come and pick up that helmet you have been waiting for. *(excepting Hans Devices)

Pick up some sheet magnet from Perry at Mad Macs - $20 per sheet again for 24"x36" sheet of .30ml vinyl, and he will have number sets for $40.

SPDA will be there accepting club memberships and renewals, as well as accepting applications for the Autoslalom School.

TAC will be there accepting club memberships and renewals.

Sign up for our Autoslalom and Solosprint schools, and get the best mod for your car.

Get updated on your friends igloo building techniques, and see how many are still not ready for this season. (i'm not) LOL..

CSC Racing is supplying coffee and tim-bits too!

See you all there!!
    Last edited by AndrewR; 04-03-2008, 10:16 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2014 Solo2 Car #46

Re: 2008 Solosprint Open House THIS SUNDAY

3 questions...

Will the required series sponsor stickers be available so that if i buy a magnet sheet I can populate it with stickers when i get home?

Will a CCC member or scrutineer pre-tech my car if I bring it up there that day?

Can I get a dB meter check on my car that day?

Not that I am in any way worried about the safety of my car, I am worried that it will be harshly scrutinized at the solosprint school and I would like to actually run it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMatt View Post
      3 questions...

Will the required series sponsor stickers be available so that if i buy a magnet sheet I can populate it with stickers when i get home?

Will a CCC member or scrutineer pre-tech my car if I bring it up there that day?

Can I get a dB meter check on my car that day?

Not that I am in any way worried about the safety of my car, I am worried that it will be harshly scrutinized at the solosprint school and I would like to actually run it this year.
      Question 1 - Some of the series sponsor decals will be there, but not all of them.

Question 2 - Cars are scrutineered at the event so that we know what is being put on the track on that day. If you corrected all of the problems that were pointed out to you last year about your car, then it should pass scrutineering. It will be closely scrutineered due to the safety concerns that we had with that vehicle. Joe, James and myself will be involved with scrutineering your car. As I said, if you've done what we indicated, your car should be OK.

Question 3 - SoloSprint does not have a db meter.

Hopefully, I have answered all of your questions Matt.
      Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
      Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
      Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Just wondering, is Toyo Tires or Mobil1 our title sponsor for this year?
        --
        Chris De Freitas
        www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon View Post
          Just wondering, is Toyo Tires or Mobil1 our title sponsor for this year?
          Mobil1 is our title sponsor. Toyo Tires is one of our series sponsors.
          Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
          Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
          Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck91GT View Post
            Hopefully, I have answered all of your questions Matt.
            Thanks for your responses, Chuck. I am personally confident, as are the 5 mechanics that have been helping me on my car, that it is safe. I would just be extremely disapointed/upset if I went to an event that I pre-paid entry for and was told I could not race.

If I were pre-teched, I would not expect to be overlooked or skip tech on race day; it would just be peace of mind, and would avoid tieing up all three of you for "close scrutineering" of my car on the busy first race morning.

It would be much appreciated, but if you feel that you will all be tied up with the Open House duties, then I will just bring it to the first solosprint and you can have at it there.

Thanks
            -Matt

Comment

Chuck, I will PM you instead of filling this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X