Prepping for Solo School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prepping for Solo School?

That was last year?? How come I don't remember that happening??
    sigpicK24/K20A powered 1999 Integra GS-R all motor
    2007 SGT1 #362
    2008 SGT3-R #362

GT Sprints
    co-driving
    Phoenix Yellow 2000 Honda Civic car#363...GTC

Comment

No, that was spring '06. I stayed on the track for last year's school.

Beer and camp fires is absolutely welcome at the DDT. However, NO DRINKING WHEN THE TRACK IS LIVE, that includes your guests, even if they don't want to be in a car at all.

I love mosport for thier loose policies. People generally respect the property and don't do anything stupid, so they let people do things freely. The first year I camped there, friday night was just me in a tent and Adam and Serge in an RV, last year there were many more people.

I will camp there again, but i will be sleeping in my cube van this time.

Comment

ok, ill bring some firewood then, I will prob be there friday night, could drive up sat morning but I would rather get my racing-sleep. What time do they close the paddock on friday?

Richard

Comment

We will be at the school and also plan on camping for the week-end. The paddock was open all night last couple of times we were there, probably cause we were camping there. I will call Mosport tomorrow and make sure that it is open for us on the Friday
          Last edited by SVT RACING; 04-16-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Aw, what an exciting weekend that was.

Pete, good brakes are always that, good. tires, like others have said can be whatever. As for open lapping on Sunday afternoon, even though you are experienced, most of the time the students aren't allowed to lap on their own, but that may not be too much of a big deal for you. You are an exception.......balistic experience aside........

To all for camping, campfires, enjoy. There are a couple of fire pits around, one right near the portable. Just clean up your mess and make sure it isn't raging. The roundy-round guys will be out and they bring beer, so why not?? They don't have security as such and will probably never check. Hence for anyone that isn't camping but is leaving their car or what ever there, remember that there is NO security. try to keep together in a group and leave your stuff with someone who will keep an eye on it.

School is going be a good time again this year and I look forward to running the track again. For the newbies, no cam-corders on tri-pods in the back seat, OK????!!!!!!

School is just four weekends away! Get ready!

Comment

I think every year we run the school, we have told students to absolutely make sure their brakes are in good shape and every year students come back to us at the end of the school saying " I wish you would have emphasized the brakes more"

The DDT is pretty hard on brakes. Stock pads will do but they need to be in really good shape. High performance pads are better.

Stock street tires are generally fine for the school. Race tires are less forgiving and will tax your brakes more but may be cheaper to run compared to really expensive 19" low profile tires that may get chewed up on the skidpad etc.

There is absolutely no need for engine prep other than a good fresh oil change and a normally functioning cooling system.

Stock suspensions are fine.
              Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Prep for drivers: new safety rule this year:

".1 While operating their vehicle on the track, all competitors and passengers, must wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, fully-enclosed shoes and socks (no sandals, crocs, etc.). "

(also for your own comfort think of jackets, shoes etc suitable for weather, sunglasses, hat n stuff as needed).
                Ford W.
                White 1995 240sx OTA #99
                Club SPDA

Comment

Originally posted by DT Racer View Post
                  Prep for drivers: new safety rule this year:

".1 While operating their vehicle on the track, all competitors and passengers, must wear long sleeved shirts, long pants, fully-enclosed shoes and socks (no sandals, crocs, etc.). "

(also for your own comfort think of jackets, shoes etc suitable for weather, sunglasses, hat n stuff as needed).
                  And Sun Screen! I've come back from spring lapping with sunburnt hands, arms and face - at least what was visible through my helmet!
                  Frank
                  sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                    The DDT is pretty hard on brakes. Stock pads will do but they need to be in really good shape. High performance pads are better.
                    And a fresh flushing of the brake fluid is a wonderful idea to get that winter moisture out. Elf Frelube 650 from series sponsor http://www.northernmotorsport.com, Motul RBF600, ATE Superblue are all track worthy. (Not to start a debate on fluids... please do a search for our last one.)

Brake fade will ruin your day. Use fresh fluid.
                    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Working...
                    X