Car Classification for Events 1&2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Classification for Events 1&2

To all competitors competing in these 2 events. Please make sure that you have your car classified online by Tuesday, May 20th. We do not have internet service available at the DDT so it is imperative that you have your car classified in advance.

Thanks,
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Re: Car Classification for Events 1&2

Hey Chuck,
    I can't make it to a scale before the week end but the CCDB is asking for my race weight.
    Can I take a guess based on the weight removed and added (engine) and double check at the track on Sat Morning?
    sigpic

Comment

I also have not scaled my car, but I took a best guess, and then found out what low weight would ALMOST raise me a class and what high weight would drop me a class. I submitted the low weight, but the other is saved for easy editing on site if required. Crazy thing is, i don't think the high weight is that far fetched... I'd LOVE to go play in GT3 on R's with this car

Comment

finally registered the car online , came out modified
        Last edited by 92turbohatch; 05-20-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Im sure you could get it down lower than modified (unless you're pushing close to 300 whp). Did you use a dyno-plot to classify your drivetrain mods, and race weight to classify your body mods? Or did you just add the PIP's?

PIP's are fine for lightly modded vehicles, or for vehicles just with an engine swap, but a dyno-plot and race weight is a much better representation of the cars actual abilities for a swapped and boosted car. It usually ends up working in your favor too!

Unless you did the race weight and dyno plot and you still are in modified, then you're in for one hell of a ride!
          --
          Chris De Freitas
          www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Comment

Working...
          X