Supplementary regs for May 24-25 at DDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplementary regs for May 24-25 at DDT

Supplementary Regulations for Mobil 1 SoloSprint Championship series, Events 1 and 2 at Mosport Driver Development Track

Dates: May 24-25/2008

Sanctioned by C.A.S.C. Ontario Region

Organizing club: Oshawa Motorsport Club

Organizers May 24 Dave Barker
    May 25 Ron Pasdernick

Chief registrar Ana Maria Santos

Event Timetable
    Registration 7:30 AM - 8:40 AM
    Driver’s meeting #1 8:45 AM - 9:00 AM (Mandatory)
    Untimed runs 9:05 AM - 9:55 AM
    Driver’s Meeting #2 10:00 AM - 10:10 AM (Mandatory)
    Morning Competition 10:20 AM - 1:00 PM
    Lunch/ Lapping 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM (time allowing)
    Afternoon Competition 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
    Open lapping if time allows at end of competition
    Track Closed 5:00 PM
    Barbeque dinner (Sat) 5:30 PM
    Driver’s Meeting 5:30 PM

Notes
    1) No drivers allowed on track unless already registered and their log books signed. Registration is in the portable classroom on the east side of the track.

2) All cars must be classified to compete. This must be done at registration or before. Please make an effort to get any unclassified car classified before May 22 by using the online classification system www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/ . If for some reason this has not been done, come to registration with your car’s curb weight, manufacturer’s listed horsepower and a list of all modifications. Please note that if your car is extensively modified other information may be required such as dyno plots, race weights etc. Failure to provide this information will mean that your car will be classified in Modified category. Competitors are reminded that if there is a delay in the time required to classify their car that they may not have time for open morning lapping.

3) All cars are required to display the designated sponsorship decals.

4) 8:45 and 10:00 AM drivers meeting are both mandatory for all drivers and will take place either inside the portable classroom or immediately outside.

5) Only people who have signed the track waiver
    and have a wrist band will be allowed past the yellow tape
    at entrance to the track

6) Morning, Lunch and End of day lapping may be
    adjusted according to time limitations

7) Passing will be allowed during untimed sessions only. All passing is by point by to the left side of the track as indicated by the driver who is being passed using a hand out of the driver’s side window pointing to the left and/or the use of the left turn signal. There are 2 passing zones. Passing zones will be indicated by multiple cones, 2 cones at the start and 3 cones at the end. All passing must by complete by the triple cones indicating the end of the passing zone. The first is down the straight on the west side of the track and all passes are to be complete before the first corner. The second passing zone is at the bottom or most southerly straight. Note- all drivers being passed must lift off the throttle until they have been completely passed. All drivers being passed are to stay on the racing line.

8) Saturday the track will be run counterclockwise with one large kink in the western downhill straight. Sunday the track will be run counterclockwise with the configuration at the discretion of the organizer.

9) Competitors are reminded to keep the skid pad area clear to allow a cooling off zone for competitors leaving the track

10) Cones will be placed inside the curbing on a number of corners in an effort to prevent competitors from cutting over them and leaving debris on the track. If a competitor knocks over or moves any of these cones, he/she will be scored four wheels off and no times will be recorded for that run. There will be NO warnings or second chances.

11) All competitors are expected to perform their duties as assigned
    by the chief marshal. The flagging marshals shall be standing at all times. Competitors who do not perform their assigned marshalling
    duties will forfeit their times and not be scored.

12) Morning lapping sessions will be limited to 4 laps at a time.

13) No passengers under 18 will be allowed in car on the track during competition or untimed runs.

14) The governing regulation of these events will be the 2008 Ontario Region SoloSprint rules.

15) Competitors are reminded of the new rules indicating that while driving , all occupants of a car must have the appropriate long sleeved shirts, long pants and socks as indicated in the rule book

Directions to track(s)
    The Driver Development Track (DDT) of Mosport Park can be reached from the west by traveling east on highway 401 and exiting at Waverly Rd North, traveling through Bowmanille up Durham Rd 57 to the Mosport Road. Then turn east on to the Mosport road until the track is visible on the right side. Use the most westerly entrance to Mosport Park which includes the Oval track.

From the east take highway 401 to highway 115 north to the highway 35 turnoff and head north to Lindsay. The track is a short distance north and west of the 35/115 junction and is appropriately sign posted. Use the most westerly entrance to the Mosport park complex.
    Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Re: Supplementary regs for May 24-25 at DDT

For those who want a race weight, we will be bringing our scales to the track. PM or email me if you would like to weigh your car at DDT. We will show up extra early if necessary.

Note: to be an official race weight, the weighing will probably have to be witnessed by an organizer...? Can someone from CCC clarify what you'd like to see?
    We won't have a printer at the track, but I suppose someone could snap a digital pic of the readout..?
    Jonathan Weir
    Number: 5
    Class: Yours!
    sigpic

Comment

Jon, Thank you immensely for this offer! I should be at the track the night before. Just let me know when the scales are free and I will very gratefully make use of them!

Comment

re; sponsorship decals, will there be decals available at the event? I only have what was available at the April 6th registration?

Comment

Yes, decals are always provided at the first couple/few events of the year. As the supply gets eaten up over the course of the season, then we run into issues!
          OMSC
          Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
          Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Hi, is there camping at the DDT on Friday and Sat nights for those who travel a distance? Thanks.
            Gary Wood:
            GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Dave/Ron - I won't be racing this weekend, but there is a good chance I'll be kicking around to help out with whatever.
              Andy
              Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

I would love to use the scales. I will be there as early as I can on Saturday Morning.

Thanks again Jon

Bram
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gwoody27 View Post
                  Hi, is there camping at the DDT on Friday and Sat nights for those who travel a distance? Thanks.
                  Yes. I camp there every time I go there. Now, there isn't exactly a "camp ground" so when the roundy-rouders are racing, you're camping in the parking lot. Its not bad though, we usually try to have a small fire to socialize around.

Comment

As long as Serg and the boys arent in charge of the fire you should have a SMALL camp fire,I think last time at Shannonville they ripped down a whole house and burnt it..... and beware of BIG guys in LITTLE chairs.

Comment

So just a review for everyone:

Here is what you need to bring for this weekend besides yourself and your car,

1 Membership in a CASC club

2 Approved helmut

3 Car log book. These will be available at the track but will require a certificate of your car's mechanical status (available from www.soloontario.com), if you don't already have a log book.

4 Your registration forms if not already registered

5 Your car classification (but I'm sure you have all already done this !!)

6 Class C (or higher) licence. These are available through the CASC office but if you don't have one yet, they may be available at the track.

7 Water or other refreshements. We hope to have the canteen open at Lunch both days and the BBQ will occur on Sat PM

BTW Andy, I hope you can make it. We can find a ton of jobs for you including coaching.
                      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Are you trying to tell me something about my weight?

it was pretty funny though!!!
                        I'm bringing the other one this weekend - who knows, it might be good for some more camp fire fun!
                        anyone have any pics?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ytzman View Post
                          Are you trying to tell me something about my weight?

it was pretty funny though!!!
                          I'm bringing the other one this weekend - who knows, it might be good for some more camp fire fun!
                          anyone have any pics?
                          Nothing to do with weight.......just your funny choice of chair. P.S still my all time favorate moment of last year....I still get a laugh from that.

Comment

Working...
                          X