• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonweir
    replied
    Re: Aero rules question

Originally posted by James Mewett View Post
    No.

You might be able to make a case if the total height of the OE spoiler plus your mod is less than 1". If the spoiler is a formed in feature though, there is no sans spoiler contour to measure from. I think we would look very hard at any modification to an OE aero feature.
    The spoiler is attached to the trunk lid at the factory. There is no space underneath it for airflow. All Civic Si's come with them, Civics that don't come with them are DX/LX/EX and have a different starting class in the CCC.

Just thought I'd check though...

Leave a comment:

• James Mewett
    replied

Originally posted by jonweir View Post
    Does this mean a gurney flap of less than 1" can be added to any stock spoiler?
    No.

You might be able to make a case if the total height of the OE spoiler plus your mod is less than 1". If the spoiler is a formed in feature though, there is no sans spoiler contour to measure from. I think we would look very hard at any modification to an OE aero feature.

Leave a comment:

• jonweir
    replied

Originally posted by StewPiddass View Post
    but to go further... my stirring the pot answer would be this, since you work for the oe, and you are installing all of your parts in the oe facility (see where I'm going with this) all of your mods are oe... You guys could compete in a stock class! LOL
    LOL, I like the way you think!

Leave a comment:

• StewPiddass
    replied

but then it wouldn't be "oe-contoured" anymore would it?!?

but to go further... my stirring the pot answer would be this, since you work for the oe, and you are installing all of your parts in the oe facility (see where I'm going with this) all of your mods are oe... You guys could compete in a stock class! LOL

ya... didn't work for us either...

Leave a comment:

• jonweir
    started a topic Aero rules question

Aero rules question

Seeing as Mosport big track is coming up soon, I thought I'd pose a question about the aero rules:
    5.1.A3.2 A rear spoiler is defined as non-OE contoured lip mounted on the trunk lid or roof.
    Installation of a rear spoiler with a height above the basic body contour of 1 or more. 1 PIP

Does this mean a gurney flap of less than 1" can be added to any stock spoiler?
    OR
    If the stock spoiler is already 1" or higher, this doesn't apply?
Working...
X