Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ls1 bang for the buck

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    And a neon underbody kit and some of those flashing windshield washer nozzles on the hood!
    Careful what you ask for Dave.....

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...6&cat=0&page=1
    http://www.pitl.ca

Comment

Adam, what your car needs is color-coded ducttape.

That's all
      Klaus
      BMW 325es
      Solosprint SGT2, #192
      Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, the faster I am ...

Comment

I offered him my red ducttape but he said it was too much work.
        sigpicK24/K20A powered 1999 Integra GS-R all motor
        2007 SGT1 #362
        2008 SGT3-R #362

GT Sprints
        co-driving
        Phoenix Yellow 2000 Honda Civic car#363...GTC

Comment

hmmmm.... well front splitter it is then....the only issue I have with that is....1st off and its gonna be a problem when it digs into the dirt...

I might go up to SGT1..since I am getting beat every event in SGT2.. with the extra 5+ pips I can easily get the car to beat the SGT3 cars..

1 pip for front splitter...

4 pips for? any other suggestions...

at mosport the nose was just plowing through corner 3 so bad it was just silly..rest of the track its was bad..but not as bas as corner 3... the rear however is very well planted now..
          Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

Adam, if you're plowing at Mosport, you have issues. The fact that you can't break the rear loose while cornering tells me that you have plenty of tire and downforce in the rear. How about more tire in the front? Possible?

For a splitter, use 1/4" plywood, and make 2 of them. Cheap and easy to cut. Another option is ABS or HDPE ... both will survive off-roading just fine (ask me how I know). Go about 2-3" out from the bumper, and run it back as far as you can (to the front axles at least. Cover as much of the bottom as you can. Make sure you attach the front with enough screws, and secure the rear so it does not move (wel a couple of brackets to the subframe or something).

Next, plug up all the holes in your bumper ... you want a smooth facia for the air to flow around.

Are you SURE you're not hitting the front bump stops? This was a problem with my car before I got a proper race suspension. Use the zip-tie test on the shock shaft to check this. It could be that you're simply undersprung, or have your ride height set too low. You could try raising the rear a bit, this should put a bit more grip to the front.
            Arek Wojciechowski
            8legs Racing, SPC #77
            http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

nope..no more tire infront.. 275's are as big as its gonna get (this car came with 195's stock)

will start to make a few splitters up...and some sturdy fixtures to hold it onto the car..

yes..holes in bumper are bad...

no where near the bump stops in corner 3..the nose is just washing out very badly... taking the car to a alignment shop tomorrow to see if my toe is messed up..that might be the issue right there...

ride height is not very low..I have lots of suspension travel..and rarely bottem out even on big rumble strips

raising the rear can be done easily..will try that as well..if the alignment comes back ok..

Comment

Your really wide tires are more sensitive to camber now, have to taken any tire temp data?
                Jonathan Weir
                Number: 5
                Class: Yours!
                sigpic

Comment

after understeering the whole track..the outside is too hot for sure...however they seem to be wearing not bad

the rears are wearing very nice now....

on my 2nd set of fronts and still my first set of rears

Comment

Working...
                  X