Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's camping at Calabogie?

Originally posted by SVT RACING View Post
    We have a 6 hour drive home and after 3 days at the track we hoped to rest up Sunday night, rather than driving till midnight or later to get home. Is there anywhere close we will be able to pull off and crash Sunday night? ie rest stop/ truck stop??
    Scott Tapley #78
    I had hoped for this as well. We originally couldn't get Monday, because the facility was rented. Now, however, the facility isn't rented for a few days, so they are locking it up for the week.

The access road (Wilson Farm road) often has vehicles parked on it waiting for the track to open.

The closest truck stop is in Arnprior, about 40km away (towards Ottawa) http://www.antrimwesternstar.com/

The local gas station (Mumford's) has a pretty big parking lot, as does Murphy's Landing (where the banquet will be). However, they may take a dim view of people parking.

Comment

This is the Labour Day weekend, the campgrounds will still be full on Sunday night.
      Check with the local Campground in Calabogie, Fawnridge, maybe there is room for one night. (613 752 2066)

Scott, if all fails, you could park for the night in my driveway (25 min from track).
      Last edited by msix; 08-19-2008, 11:19 PM.
      Klaus
      BMW 325es
      Solosprint SGT2, #192
      Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, the faster I am ...

Comment

Originally posted by msix View Post
        ...my driveway (25 min from track).
        Holy crap! I didn't realize you were THAT close to Calabogie, Klaus?! I guess this is how people feel when I tell them I'm only ~20 - 25 minutes from Mosport?
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Thanks Klaus, I knew lending you that power cord would pay off! We are bringing both the camper and the hauler(44') so I don't want to try to get in to some provincal park after dark. Making the wife pull the camper which she doesn't like doing, so hoped to travel during daylight, so how big is your driveway??? Scott Tapley #78

Comment

Originally posted by msix View Post

my driveway (25 min from track).
            Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
            I guess this is how people feel when I tell them I'm only ~20 - 25 minutes from Mosport?
            25 minutes from Calabogie! 20 minutes from Mosport! This is just too much! Please don't post how close to the track you live. Causes too much hardship for those of us who live hours away!

You guys warm up the track for me! I'll be joining you on Saturday and Sunday.
            sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
              Holy crap! I didn't realize you were THAT close to Calabogie, Klaus?! I guess this is how people feel when I tell them I'm only ~20 - 25 minutes from Mosport?
              This makes me ~ 3 1/2 hours away from Mosport and you probably 4 hours away from Calabogie .... and I have been more often to Mosport this year than at Calabogie ..

Scott, my driveway is big enough to park your rig and camper, the tricky part is getting it into the driveway, as it is not straight forward from the road. Tricky, but doable.
              Klaus
              BMW 325es
              Solosprint SGT2, #192
              Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, the faster I am ...

Comment

As a last resort there's always the gravel pit parking area at the track as I don't remember any gates there.
                The Man's Prayer:
                "I'm a man, but I can change ... if I have to ... I guess!"

"I'm so old that when I hear the word "Spandex" I think of watch bracelets."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X