Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calabogie registration is closing on Friday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calabogie registration is closing on Friday.

Last day to register, August 15.

We are very close to selling out!

Re: Calabogie registration is closing on Friday.

The event is now SOLD OUT.

Registration is closed.

Thanks!
    Ana Santos

Comment

Spots still open for Friday, though.

Comment

Craig, how do my dad and I register for the Friday event (two drivers, one car)?

Man, we were planning to run on the Saturday as a walk-in, but so much for that idea. LOL.
        The bearded weirdo from Speed Academy

Comment

Dave, for Sat/Sun, no doubt that there will be a few people who can't make it. As you'll be there in Friday, you'll find out then.

For two drivers/one car on Friday, let me check and I'll get back to you via PM. I know Nancy and I decided on what the policy was, but I don't remember exactly what was that policy ...

Comment

CSC sell out is absolutely awesome!!! Good job Craig, I knew it could be done!!!

When will we see the complete list of entries?
            Carl Wener

PERRY PERFORMANCE & COMPETITION

450 662 8886
            carlwener@hotmail.com

HJC-CANADIAN STILO IMPORTER-PERFORMANCE FRICTION -HAWK-HOOSIER-COBRA SEATS-SPARCO-AIMSPORTS

Comment

I've never seen a Solosprint event get sold out, thats awesome!
              So whats the magic number?
              --
              Chris De Freitas
              www.facebook.com/stagefourmotorsports

Comment

too many

2 run day if we are lucky
                Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

Adam- why so pessimist???

With the resources of 2 clubs organising the event over 3 days, it should allow for 3 runs.

The length of Calabogie allows for many more cars per run, so that should help.
                  I suspect the discipline of drivers will be the key for a smooth event.
                  Carl Wener

450 662 8886
                  carlwener@hotmail.com

HJC-CANADIAN STILO IMPORTER-PERFORMANCE FRICTION -HAWK-HOOSIER-COBRA SEATS-SPARCO-AIMSPORTS

Comment

I heard 90 peeps were coming ...no?

plus its a large track with lots of people who have not been on it, with lots of cars that have no times to gride them
                    Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

Well I cant speak for the organisers, but if this were my event, I would have my timing equipement set up on Friday and Saturday morning, where I would monitor all the cars on the track.

This gives you a good idea of "potential times" and not many last minute additions to deal with.

I do agree that is no sample times are taken.... the first run will be a clusterfu**, but luckily it could only get better from there on.

Again, input and behavior from the drivers will be key, if the organisers want things to go smoothly. I think that as drivers, we should know about where we should be placed and without rocking the boat, we can assist the organisers.

For example Adam, if you were to run last car, in the last group of your heat, it would probably be no help to the event.....get the idea?
                      Carl Wener

450 662 8886
                      carlwener@hotmail.com

Comment

Key will be for drivers to keep their spacing on the warm up lap. Once your hot laps start stay on the track.

Also make sure your oil level is at the full line or slightly higher.

JohnP

Comment

With professional marshalls, (eliminating the inefficient/lengthy marshall changes), such a long track allowing more cars on at a time, and a full test & tune day on Friday giving organizers a chance to get some gridding times, as well as giving competitors some much needed practice... I think it will be a great event.

Even if we only get 6 timed runs for the entire weekend, with morning lapping on each day, and the friday lapping for the entire day... I don't see anyone having a problem with that. Or people will say they have a problem with that right now, but when the time comes and people are burning through hundreds of dollars of gas and watching their tires wear down... they'll realize that its a lot of track time for 3 days.

Also, while there are some people who haven't been on the track before.. there are also lots who have. Many people have done the TRAC school, and a lot of road racers are coming to this event too.
                          --
                          Chris De Freitas

Comment

I do have a question though, will there be a disposal area for oil/brake fluid?
                            Like how Shannonville has that chemical disposal bin?

Also, does anyone know the nearest place that would be able to mount/balance a tire on a rim?
                            I want to bring a spare tire or two incase I cord one on the weekend, but will need a place to get it mounted.

Will there be anyone on site who could do it for a fee?
                            --
                            Chris De Freitas

Comment

I am planning TWO (2) timed runs (each with three timed laps) on Saturday, and hope for three timed runs on Sunday.

The first run will have yellow flags. Ontario people may switch tires, our guesses won't be perfect, some SNAFU in organization will show up, the radios will die, it'll be raining, another bear will visit the pits, another deer will come onto the track, etc.

I've given Paul, who is setting the gridding, some CQ results to look at.

Camp at your own risk.

Sunday we will try for three runs. Rain=two runs, Oil=two runs, bear=two runs.

On both days, the afternoon schedule will be announced at lunch.

IF people are, as Carl said, disciplined, and, as John said, keep their spacing good (pretty much the same thing) and their oil in their own crankcase, then three runs should be possible on Sunday, but we will shave morning lapping into a 10min. warm-up.

Disposal: Yes.
                              Tire mounting: about a half-hour away (Canadian Tires are in Renfrew and Arnprior)

Comment

Working...
                              X