iRacing.com signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iRacing.com signup

In 2009 CASC-OR has a new sponsor, iRacing.com motorsport simulations and members of CASC-OR affiliated clubs have been offered a special low price of $75.00 usd instead of the regular $156.00 for a full 1 year membership.

What is iRacing.com? It is an online, subscription-based racing simulation service that allows drivers from all over the world to build their skills, while accumulating valuable seat-time at a tiny fraction of the cost of real-world testing. The unique feature of iRacing.com is the hyper-detailed, ultra-realistic simulation with accurate track, vehicle and physics modeling that accurately duplicates the handling of the car, the feel of the track and the driver’s sight picture from the cockpit. Of special interest for us, Mosport is expected to be added to the track availability during 2009. This is not a video game but a true simulation as used by pro drivers.

How do I sign up? For now please send a Private Message (PM) to Gwoody27 (Gary Wood) and I will gather the names and let you know what will happen next. I look forward to hearing from many of you.

Gary Wood
    CASC-OR Autoslalom Director
    Gary Wood:
    GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Re: iRacing.com signup

So what's the deal with this? I sent an email to Gary but got no response?
    Ray
    #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
    Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

Did you send the message in April when Gary posted or recently? He could be out of town.
      sigpic
      Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Phillips View Post
        Did you send the message in April when Gary posted or recently? He could be out of town.
        Sent it 2-3 days ago. He was on here yesterday morning.
        Ray
        #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
        Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

Just want to say that Ive been an avid iRacer for around 6 months and it is definately worth it. The competition is intense and there arent any idiots out there trying to take you out. Plus they mapped Mosport!

Ben

Comment

I signed up over the winter. What a great experience. IMHO this is the best racing sim ever period.

My stats so far in the SCCA Spec Racer.
            17 starts, 2 wins and 4 poles. Led 29 of 245 laps raced.

03 Corvette Z06

Comment

I've been iracing for a few months now. I like the SRF a lot. Never driven a car that oversteers on throttle lift (if drive is a word you can use when hooked up to a pc). Only problem is I suck at this game but you've got some great results Riaan.

Have to say the wife actually laughed at me a little today as I was building my new "cockpit" out of 2x4s and stuff. Saving up for a triple screen setup but can't wait until I get to drive on a real track.

Matt
              sigpic
              2006 350z
              OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Originally posted by Kart14 View Post
                I've been iracing for a few months now. I like the SRF a lot. Never driven a car that oversteers on throttle lift (if drive is a word you can use when hooked up to a pc). Only problem is I suck at this game but you've got some great results Riaan.

Have to say the wife actually laughed at me a little today as I was building my new "cockpit" out of 2x4s and stuff. Saving up for a triple screen setup but can't wait until I get to drive on a real track.

Matt
                I know what you mean, fun little car. Just a pain to setup properly.

Have you tried the C6R on Mosport yet?

BTW I have fully built frame around a Honda seat(I know, I know)
                03 Corvette Z06

Comment

Is there still a discount for CASC members?
                  sigpic
                  Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

The CASC-OR deal with iRacing has lapsed due in most part to the lack of interest from our membership. It is a great simulation and a great way to increase your seat time. They have lowered their overall rates and it s worth the $$.
                    Gary Wood:
                    GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Working...
                    X