looking for a place to weight the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a place to weight the car

any sugestions for a place to weigh the car (West end / Mississauga preferred) to comply with Solosprint requirments. cheap would also be nice

I need to book an alignment at CanAlignment and can / will get one then, but I am still waiting for my replacement upperball jts and am starting to panic as I don't really want to do the alignment cornerweighting etc. twice. nor do I want to mess with Scott's alignment once it's done.

Thanks
    #168 GT1-R :)
    movin' up in the world

Re: looking for a place to weight the car

If you are taking it to can-alignment anyway why not have Scott weigh it for you. If not contact JonW on the forums and ask them if they will be bringing their scales to the events. I think they would be able to help you out for a case of beer. LOL
    Paul M
    Chief Timer
    2010 Solosprint Champion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneG View Post
      any sugestions for a place to weigh the car (West end / Mississauga preferred) to comply with Solosprint requirments. cheap would also be nice

I need to book an alignment at CanAlignment and can / will get one then, but I am still waiting for my replacement upperball jts and am starting to panic as I don't really want to do the alignment cornerweighting etc. twice. nor do I want to mess with Scott's alignment once it's done.

Thanks
      If you're getting the car corner balanced at Scott's, then you'll get the weight info from that also.
      Ray
      #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
      Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

That is the plan...
        But my dellima is that I have new lower BJs ready to go on but I am waiting for the new upper BJs. I am running out of time to get the uppers and install both before the alignment.

I have 1 event and 3 laps since he did it last year so I am resonably confident that I should be close enough on the alignment to run the SMP events but will not have the weight print out as per the rules... so I am trying to plan ahead for all eventualities.
        movin' up in the world

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneG View Post
          That is the plan...
          But my dellima is that I have new lower BJs ready to go on but I am waiting for the new upper BJs. I am running out of time to get the uppers and install both before the alignment.

I have 1 event and 3 laps since he did it last year so I am resonably confident that I should be close enough on the alignment to run the SMP events but will not have the weight print out as per the rules... so I am trying to plan ahead for all eventualities.
          Is there no local garbage transfer stations around? I know around here if you give them $5, they'll weigh your car and give you the printout.
          Ray
          #73 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
          Sponsors: Xclusive Tuning, UniqPerformance.ca, Tiretrackers

Comment

Shane, not sure what the SoloSprint rules say about this, but there are two Husky stations in Mississauga that have CAT certified scales (Dixie and Britannia, or Courney Park and Kennedy)
            -=Brian=-

Comment

BOT Construction on Speers road in Oakville has a scale with a readout on the side of the building so you can take a picture of it with your car. Twice I've just come up and asked the guy in the office if I could just drive on and weigh my car and he said no problem, so cost would be nothing!
              Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Comment

ATR will have our scales at Mosport DDT events. We will weigh anyone who wants a curb weight. PM me ahead of time when you want to do it, and we'll be ready to go.

Be sure to have the car all full of fluids to get your heaviest weight for classification.

Beer donations are not required.... but always encouraged!

Oh, and on an unrelated note, if anyone needs OBD or Honda codes scanned, PM me ahead of time and we can bring a scan-tool too. We sometimes have one on us, but not as a rule.
                Jonathan Weir
                Number: 5
                Class: Yours!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jon
                  PM sent
                  movin' up in the world

Comment

Hey Jon,
                    I would love to use both services you've offered.
                    I'm going to try to go to the local transfer station to get an idea of the weight so at least I'll know the correct classification before hand.
                    also, I'd love to find out why the stupid SES light is on my tow vehicle. I have a good Idea, but with OBDII, you can't pull codes without a scanner.
                    Just out of curiosity, does your scanner have live data monitoring?

Thanks,
                    Bram
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonweir View Post
                      ATR will have our scales at Mosport DDT events. We will weigh anyone who wants a curb weight. PM me ahead of time when you want to do it, and we'll be ready to go.

Be sure to have the car all full of fluids to get your heaviest weight for classification.

Beer donations are not required.... but always encouraged!

Oh, and on an unrelated note, if anyone needs OBD or Honda codes scanned, PM me ahead of time and we can bring a scan-tool too. We sometimes have one on us, but not as a rule.

Remember guys, Race wgt means exactly that. No floor mats, no spare tires, no jack and your light wgt race rims on the car. And only after you have a cage/bar/ or the right number of bPIPs.
                      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                        And only after you have a cage/bar/ or the right number of bPIPs.
                        Or drivetrain swap.

Your twin 15" subwoofers do not entitle you to a "Race Trim Curb Weight".
                        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Working...
                        X