Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: brake pad choice..

Originally posted by Tunermax View Post
    After a run to/from mosport and halfway to shannonville this is what my street tires look like on the front.
    Tell me again how silly i am for not driving the RS3's to and from events lol!
    Go see Scott at Can-Alignment. If your tires are that worn from only driving to Mosport and back, and half way to Shannonville, you have alignment issues...
    Time-Attack #29
    1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

Comment

Originally posted by k.beaty View Post
      Go see Scott at Can-Alignment. If your tires are that worn from only driving to Mosport and back, and half way to Shannonville, you have alignment issues...
      Exactly your toe wore those tires out not camber
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm...

Alignment required Matt?

Edit: Lol I'm even slower on the posts than I am on the track.
        Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

thanks for the insight guys, I'll get back to you on this.
          Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
          AutoSlalom #87

Comment

thanks for the insight guys, I'll get back to you on this.
            I've driven 10,000kms at 4 degrees camber before with many track days and never did anything near that bad
            sigpic

Comment

After a run to/from mosport and halfway to shannonville this is what my street tires look like on the front.
              Tell me again how silly i am for not driving the RS3's to and from events lol!
              Was this autocross or track use? Which tracks at CTMP and SMP? Big tracks easier on tires, small track greater wear. SMP can be very hard on tires. While I agree with everyone about getting Scott to check the alignment, you have a big, heavy powerful car and it's going to chew up tires. It's designed to understeer and you'll have to change a lot to change that. Everyone's heard me say this before, spend time with an instructor learning how to drive smooth. I still remember burning through a set of tires on my first track day because I was so enthusiastic but so overdriving the car that the tires cried in every corner. Main thing, have fun.
              And I always try to have a spare set of tires with me at the track, so keep on heading there on streets and then changing to your track tires. You have room! Most don't.
              sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Did not race on these tires.

Thanks again for the insight and great advice guys!

I thought this was odd. I had the car aligned before this which is why I haven't commented with much more info yet

Will update when I get this resolved
                AutoSlalom #87

Comment

So it seems that toe was, in fact, the problem.

HOWEVER it was not an alignment issue per-say.
                  I'd like to give a much deserved thank you to Scott for once again helping me out. This man goes above and beyond again and again, and I really appreciated his service.

A bit of thinking made me realize that I load the crap out of my car to get to/from events, being a sedan, the trunk is full of camping gear, and the back seat full of tires. All this weight makes the front toe out it seems. Since the car was set up 'as raced' it obviously had no weight in it.
                  So Scott set me up with a little less agressive alignment in the front to compensate, I'll have to sacrifice some speed at the track and start looking for a trailer sometime this season.

thanks again for the help everyone, and especially to Scott for sqeezing me in and helping me once again!!!
                  AutoSlalom #87

Comment

So it seems that toe was, in fact, the problem.

HOWEVER it was not an alignment issue per-say.
                    I'd like to give a much deserved thank you to Scott for once again helping me out. This man goes above and beyond again and again, and I really appreciated his service.

A bit of thinking made me realize that I load the crap out of my car to get to/from events, being a sedan, the trunk is full of camping gear, and the back seat full of tires. All this weight makes the front toe out it seems. Since the car was set up 'as raced' it obviously had no weight in it.
                    So Scott set me up with a little less agressive alignment in the front to compensate, I'll have to sacrifice some speed at the track and start looking for a trailer sometime this season.

thanks again for the help everyone, and especially to Scott for sqeezing me in and helping me once again!!!
                    so in other words bringing your tires is wrecking your tires
                    sigpic

Comment

• Re: brake pad choice..

Originally posted by KLZEMX6 View Post
                      so in other words bringing your tires is wrecking your tires
                      Hahaha yes!

Camping gear and stuff would still cause issues though so regardless, need to make change lol
                      AutoSlalom #87

Comment

Working...
                      X