Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix: SoloSprint School / Event 5 Supplementary Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix: SoloSprint School / Event 5 Supplementary Regulations

The 2010 Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix weekend at Mosport is coming up fast!!
    July 3: Mobil 1 SoloSprint Event 5 on the Mosport DDT
    July 4: SoloSprint School on Mosport International Raceway ("The Big Track"!)

July 4 School: $285 Price extended to June 23rd (No student registrations thereafter) Maximum 56 student slots.

July 4 Lapping: $250 by June 23rd. Spaces limited . No spot will be held for you until the registrant has received payment. No walk-ins if there's no space. You MUST be a graduate of a High Performance Driving School and have past experience at Mosport to qualify for lapping.

Both days payment received by June 23: Event 5 Competition / Student: $395. Event 5 Competition / Lapper: $360

Approximate schedule for both days:

07:30 Registration
    09:00 Track time!!
    12:00 Lunch!! (Alligator lapping of MIR for the school)
    17:00 Track closed.

MIR School: Three run groups will result in up to 3 hours of track time for each registrant; student or lapper.

To register for either day: solosprint [at] rogers [dot] com
    To inquire about the school only: solosprint [at] spda-online [dot] ca

This event weekend is held under the 2010 Ontario SoloSprint Rules, and the 2010 CASC-OR General Competition Rules.
    Last edited by Slowpoke; 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM.
    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Re: Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix: SoloSprint School / Event 5 Supplementary Regulat

There's room for you ... why haven't you signed up yet!
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Advanced Drivers - we've got advanced instructors for you!

There will be several instructors from CASC-OR race who will be on site at MIR. If you are interested in taking your driving to the next level, this will be an outstanding opportunity.

Comment

Re: Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix: SoloSprint School / Event 5 Supplementary Regulat

Forgive my ignorance, but is the school being held on the 4th (or even the Solosprint school that was held back in May) considered a HPDE school?

I'm just looking ahead to next year...and other lapping days.
        Thanks,
        Rob B

T3 #70 Acura Integra
        HADA

Comment

Yes, it is. We're talking about beyond Young Driver's of Canada; schools that teach weight transfer, contact patches, "friction circles", apexes, etc. Ian Law, Trac Racing, BMW Club, Porsche Club, Bridgestone Racing Academy, etc. can qualify as HPDE.

If you are looking for more instruction, you don't need the previous HPDE or days at MIR. Only if you're trying to save the $35 for two or more hours of instructor time by asking for a lapping slot.
          sigpic

Comment

Stephen, I've done several Ian Law days, and various other schools recently (Mercedes Driving Academy, Apex). How does a solo sprint school differ from a regular track school? I'd like to sign up for this, I'm always up for more instruction... but I don't know if I want to sit through any more classroom sessions on contact patches.

Comment

I think Stephen won't mind if I answer this question.

There will be two mandatory classroom sessions of about 25 minutes each. We are putting you out on the fastest track in North America and want to know that you are aware of the concepts along with the driving.

There will be an instructor working with you - and it will be the same instructor to maintain the flow of information. There will be a focus upon reference points and you will hear and practice the concept of driving slow to go fast.

I will be asking you (and any other student) to email me your track history, expectations and car so that I can match you up with an instructor for the best 'fit' that I can accomplish.

The instructors know that you may be coming to solosprint timed events, so they will be working with you to enhance your driving skill. So from novice to future road racer, we will be able to have an instructor for you.

If you are a student and want to get that information to me now, please send it to frank_ewald at sympatico dot ca

Regards,
              Frank

Comment

I can't wait...sent my registration in yesterday.

Now to go dig up rFactor and go do some sim laps...
                Thanks,
                Rob B

T3 #70 Acura Integra
                HADA

Comment

I see you are looking for lappers. Obviously the primary focus at the MIR school will be a focus on developing skills etc. but will point by passing be allowed for the lappers (at least later in the day)?

I'd be interested if I could do a few quicker laps at some point in the day.

Matt
                  sigpic
                  2006 350z
                  OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Re: Agincourt Autohaus Grand Prix: SoloSprint School / Event 5

[QUOTE=Slowpoke;167303
                    July 3: Mobil 1 SoloSprint Event 5 on the Mosport DDT
                    [/QUOTE]
                    Stephen, what will be the track configuration and direction for DDT? Or, if configuration is not known yet or may be decided later, at least direction? Want to know how to re-mount tires in the best way... Thanks. Alex
                    -Alex M / Alexei M.
                    119 / 19.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sti_schumacher View Post
                      Stephen, what will be the track configuration and direction for DDT? Or, if configuration is not known yet or may be decided later, at least direction? Want to know how to re-mount tires in the best way... Thanks. Alex
                      put all 4 at the front..
                      set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by sti_schumacher View Post
                        I'll let Paul answer that when he's ready to. Keep in mind that we may have to add kinks to keep y'all safe if the weather is horrendous. I'm hoping not, though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kart14 View Post
                          I see you are looking for lappers. Obviously the primary focus at the MIR school will be a focus on developing skills etc. but will point by passing be allowed for the lappers (at least later in the day)?

I'd be interested if I could do a few quicker laps at some point in the day.

Matt
                          Hi Matt,

From the number of registrations, it looks like we will be mixing students into a lapper group like other lapping days run at MIR. So for the two groups that have students we will keep a yellow flag out for a few laps at the beginning of the day so that the instructors can show everyone the racing line, even on the straights. After that, we will pull in the yellows (assuming no one went off by then) and have three passing zones identified by double cones.

- Front straight from the exit of Turn 10 to the bridge before Turn 1.
                          - Exit of Turn 3 to before Turn 4.
                          - 5C to Turn 7ish.

All passing will be done on the right, and initiated by the car in front by using a turn signal or over the roof hand signal to show that they want to be passed on the right side of their car. We expect all lappers to lead by example, be courteous in allowing passes, and we will make sure that the same kindness is extended to you. Blue flags will be flying after the yellows come in.

Please contact solosprint [at] spda-online [dot] ca with a HPDE / MIR history to be confirmed for a lapping slot. Mind you, with instruction only $35 more.... I'd be applying as a student. We have some regional road racers and other VERY experienced instructors volunteering their time. You might learn a thing or two...
                          sigpic

Comment

Can I assume that Event #5 at the DDT will have some experienced drivers willing to be instructors?
                            I just need to get one more Novice sheet filled out.
                            Perry
                            #25 summer & winter

Comment

Originally posted by ONdriver View Post
                              Can I assume that Event #5 at the DDT will have some experienced drivers willing to be instructors?
                              I just need to get one more Novice sheet filled out.
                              Perry
                              There will be coaches available at the DDT event.
                              Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                              Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                              Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Working...
                              X