CASC-OR 2010 SoloSprint - Event 3 & 4 Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASC-OR 2010 SoloSprint - Event 3 & 4 Pictures

Events 3 and 4 of the CASC-OR 2010 SoloSprint Championship Series took place last weekend, June 19 and 20th. Sonia Tanney Photography was out both days taking pictures.

Both days are available for your viewing pleasure.....

We apologize, Sonia had a card failure and all but 29 photos from the morning sessions were vaporized into digital oblivion. This means that almost all the photos from the first two runs by group x and the morning warmup are, unfortunately, history.

http://www.tanneymotorsport.com/gall...010SoloSprint/

Enjoy!

Re: CASC-OR 2010 SoloSprint - Event 3 & 4 Pictures

I'm firing Serge as an instructor for being insufficient ballast. If he can't keep all 4 wheels on the ground, what good is he?? There should be a minimum weight for that job....

See:
    http://www.tanneymotorsport.com/gall...0-web.jpg.html
    03 Z06 #72
    15 Prius V

Comment

That's a major bummer!! Damn the digital era! Although I can't imagine that happens very often? How often did old film jam up and cause problems? Either way is equally as devastating ... but I'm curious if digital losses happen more or less often?
      OMSC
      Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
      Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

"The crowd was thrilled to hear that, in honour of the upcoming G20, Serge would be singing the national anthem in lieu of noise testing."

"This is just how Lewis does it every race!!"

"Gybe, Ho!"

"No, really! All you need to make that Prelude go faster is a bigger rear wing!"
        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

what?

you dont want me singing
          set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd_ View Post
            I'm firing Serge as an instructor for being insufficient ballast. If he can't keep all 4 wheels on the ground, what good is he?? There should be a minimum weight for that job....

See:
            http://www.tanneymotorsport.com/gall...0-web.jpg.html
            i dont know if you're poking a stick at me or what..
            but thats how you're supposed to drive a nose heavy FWD car... wheel off means you're transfering maximum amount of weight, so you're maximizing your cornering potential
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Uh oh... that's the "Somebody is in trouble now, where's my switch??" look.

Did you know that most Saab's are built to Barrel Roll? That's normally just the Turboprop models, though.

"Why yes, my arms ARE stuck. Do you REALLY want to know how I'm steering this thing?"

"I know Ron told me something important when we bought this thing... what was it??? Shoot... Oh yeah! The oil pan is the lowest point on the chassis and I should stay off the curbs.

Ooops."

"I told you we shouldn't have had Adam weld our seat brackets. Now tell me what's going on!"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                but thats how you're supposed to drive a nose heavy FWD car... wheel off means you're transfering maximum amount of weight, so you're maximizing your cornering potential
                Relax Serge, it's funny caption thread. You try one.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm actually laughing out loud at these captions! Classic.
                  2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                    haha, I'm just ribbing you for being too skinny and not pinning that side of the car on the ground (I do have a vague idea of how these things work :P)
                    03 Z06 #72
                    15 Prius V

Comment

Ha Ha, nice work on the captions Stephen!
                      Ford W.
                      White 1995 240sx OTA #99
                      Club SPDA

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
                        That's a major bummer!! Damn the digital era! Although I can't imagine that happens very often? How often did old film jam up and cause problems? Either way is equally as devastating ... but I'm curious if digital losses happen more or less often?
                        Obviously, you never shot a wedding with professional film, only to find out post-processing that the store didn't refrigerate the box adequately.

----

The photos are how I keep informed of what's going on while I'm on sabbatical...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post

Did you know that most Saab's are built to Barrel Roll? That's normally just the Turboprop models, though.
                          Barrel Roll, Barrel Roll, Do a do a barrel roll, do a barrel barrel roll, DO A BARREL ROLL!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5qz...eature=related

this barrel roll is bigger (note rear wheel)

Now i can really see why im chewing my tires so badly. although what am i to expect with 0.5 degrees negative camber...

well, this weekend, i should be on my camber kit that i diddnt have installed at tmp (although i took the points for it) so i should have 4 degrees of negative.

this should help with tire wear, and get me more awesome tripod action.
                          Kevin Birchall
                          1990 Saab 900 SPG, in T2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post

"I know Ron told me something important when we bought this thing... what was it??? Shoot... Oh yeah! The oil pan is the lowest point on the chassis and I should stay off the curbs.
                            LOL. Actually the chassis is the lowest point of the car. The engine sits above a tube frame chassis and there's a flat bottom. That said, it doesn't sit very high above the chassis. Think he said a quarter inch.

Comment

Great pictures Sonia. And great to meet both of you again. The nationals in Red Deer where a few years ago.

I really enjoyed the 2 days at TMP. A new track is always fun and all of the people where helpful and welcoming. A bit of a drive to get there but what what to heck!

Do you mind if I post a link to your pictures in the Calgary Sports Car Club forum. I do have to post my musings on the fun I had SoloSprinting in the old country (Ontario)! And pictures always help!
                              Tracy Cryderman
                              Calgary,Alberta

Comment

Working...
                              X