X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing speed secrets

Stumbled upon this little gem today.

http://www.vimeo.com/13259708

Somebody got a new HD video camera and we can all benefit.
    sigpic
    2006 350z
    OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Re: Sharing speed secrets

That is pretty cool.

Seen several Krispy vids over the years and aside from the higher speeds, his mad skills are still the same. Not sure though watching that vid sheds any secrets to cracking the Krispy factor. There's nothing really in that vid that you shouldn't already know - smooth inputs, look ahead, clean line, etc. The real skill to driving that smooth at the absolute limit is Krispy's car control, experience, ability to set balance and his extensive seat time. None of which are in that vid.

But with seat time, instruction, several years of tweaking car setup up skills and a bit of luck, maybe we all can drive like that.

Comment

Looks very good. Here's one with a much slower car, old fashioned video 8 camera, but a very nice guy driving, imo!
      http://www.vimeo.com/13602936
      sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

That is one busy man behind the wheel! In comparison, my vids look like I've got Miss Daisy in the back and we're on a Sunday drive....slowww motion!
        #74 - 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Let's move along folks, nothing to see here.
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Let's not move along too fast. I think this would be a great thread if everyone posted some of their in-car video clips. Driving Miss Daisy or not, fun to see and good learning opportunity.
            sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by Salmaan View Post
              That is one busy man behind the wheel! In comparison, my vids look like I've got Miss Daisy in the back and we're on a Sunday drive....slowww motion!
              Yeah, this really is the difference between "school" driving and "race" driving. In the schools, it is taught that SMOOTH is king (rightfully so!). The car responds predictibly to smooth inputs, and this is the way one should learn to drive on track.

However, once experience is gained, and the ability to "feel" the car on the edge of traction is raised, you start to notice that you're constantly making little adjustments to bring the car back, or make it do somthing. It's even more pronounced in a very stiff car, or a car where handling is not great of course. Watch some of the fast drivers at work behind the wheel and compare
              Arek Wojciechowski
              8legs Racing, SPC #77
              http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

" she moves around a little..." lol

Love his TMP clip also!
                03 Corvette Z06

Comment

His shifts get angrier as he sees the other Vette.
                  sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                  OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                    His shifts get angrier as he sees the other Vette.
                    My shifts got angrier DRIVING the other 'Vette . Seriously, it was shocking and almost embarrassing just how quickly Chris caught me, and it's not like I wasn't moving or trying to go quick . Seeing my time after the fact (63.6? ... not even in the Top 10) compared to Chris's 58.xx, really tells the tale. Those poor Goodyear run-flats with a 300 treadwear rating just DON'T cut it with over 400 HP feeding them!! The car was sliding virtually everywhere, and couldn't get around the corner off the back straight without going completely sideways (unless I crawled) so it was quite the frustrating event.

... also would have been nice to have grippier brakes (not that they were "bad", but I would have been more confident braking later ... as you can see, my brake lights were on a lot).

Those problems have all been rectified though ... new tires and brakes are in the garage, patiently awaiting the soonest opportunity to get out on the track .
                    Last edited by Cap'n Pete; 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM.
                    OMSC
                    Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                    Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
                      new tires and brakes are in the garage, patiently awaiting the soonest opportunity to get out on the track .
                      awesome! I'm looking forward to MIR
                      #65 C6 Corvette SGT3-S

Comment

Working...
                      X