• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6's

Should they be heat cycled? Pros, cons?

Thanks!
    Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Re: R6's

Yes. If you can have it done a day before. A couple of hours before, no difference.

They're a very nice tire - I ran them the last half of last season. Hankook Z214 the first half. Be prepared for them to be bigger than other tires of equivalent size.
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

I've used V710's for many years for Autoslaloms and have nevered heat cycled them!

What I'm trying to ask I guess is, would heat cycling them make them last longer and/or perform better as oppose to not? I am usually very lazy when it comes to car prep. I don't even like adjusting tire pressures

Also, because I'm fairly new to Solosprints, I would have to have an instructor with me during my session/s until I'm approved to be on my own right?

Thanks,

Trung
      Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Comment

My understanding of a heat cycle on a R6 is that it should give you a bit more life in the tire. In the greater scheme of things this may not be significant, especially if you are using them over two seasons.

Some people are liking the BFG R1 competitive pricing to the Hoosier.

What size are you using? What car?
        sigpic
        Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Trung, you have a legacy "sign-off" from when you ran the SoloSprint Nationals at Mosport. And at ASE, IIRC.

Heat cycle the R6's to make them last longer and perform more consistently. No cons to this. They're not a A6 or V710, so they don't heat cycle during their first run.
          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Yes heat cycle the R6

As per Hoosier - it is even better to bring up to temp over 3 separate runs of about 6 laps each time pushing a little harder until reaching max temp. let them sit 24 hours min. - don't try and use next morning or heat cycle is for not.

this is from memory and during first coffee of the morning - but the above worked for me

BG

Comment

Working...
            X