• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i racing internet connection

i'm just spoiled i guess, haha.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

102? It still works, so not a big deal. Best I've seen in 80ms, but I can still play online with up to 150ms. IMO it's the best option out there for living off the grid.

Rogers has a new device out now, netgear hub, works the same as the w35 erricson, but I hear it's faster and less latency. The technology and dataplans will only get better over time.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
        Rogers told me the stick is a stronger signal but I think I may try the hub instead.I may just try iracing for a month and see what happens.
        first I heard of that, they're on the same network.

Comment

Lookag at a logitech weel and pedals for $65.Wish I had it now,I am snoed in with about 3 feet of snow.30 cm of snow every 12 hours till thursday.The walls are closing in on me.

Comment

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
            Lookag at a logitech weel and pedals for $65.Wish I had it now,I am snoed in with about 3 feet of snow.30 cm of snow every 12 hours till thursday.The walls are closing in on me.
            You need a fair amount of feedback to be competitive.
            Try and find a G25 or G27. Most of the guys use them.

The front runners use stuff like Fanatec http://www.virtualr.net/srt-fanatec-...-wheel-review/
            with these pedals
            http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/
            Last edited by Venom; 12-07-2010, 09:34 PM.
            03 Corvette Z06

Comment

Anyone want to practice at MIR?
              2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Just tried teathering my iPhone 3G, just as good as cable. Did a race with the mx5, 10 cars, 25 laps no Problems.
                Total network usage was just a hair over 10MB. At that rate I can probably do 25-50 hours of practice and race before I go over my 1gig plan.
                A hub may be in order, better data plans and there are antennas for some of them
                We'll have to see how the signal is when I move out to the sticks. Less than 4 weeks to go!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X