X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ytzman
    replied
    Re: i racing internet connection

Just tried teathering my iPhone 3G, just as good as cable. Did a race with the mx5, 10 cars, 25 laps no Problems.
    Total network usage was just a hair over 10MB. At that rate I can probably do 25-50 hours of practice and race before I go over my 1gig plan.
    A hub may be in order, better data plans and there are antennas for some of them
    We'll have to see how the signal is when I move out to the sticks. Less than 4 weeks to go!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ujjwal
    replied

Anyone want to practice at MIR?

Leave a comment:

• Venom
    replied

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
    Lookag at a logitech weel and pedals for $65.Wish I had it now,I am snoed in with about 3 feet of snow.30 cm of snow every 12 hours till thursday.The walls are closing in on me.
    You need a fair amount of feedback to be competitive.
    Try and find a G25 or G27. Most of the guys use them.

The front runners use stuff like Fanatec http://www.virtualr.net/srt-fanatec-...-wheel-review/
    with these pedals
    http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/
    Last edited by Venom; 12-07-2010, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mopar1
    replied

Lookag at a logitech weel and pedals for $65.Wish I had it now,I am snoed in with about 3 feet of snow.30 cm of snow every 12 hours till thursday.The walls are closing in on me.

Leave a comment:

• 1morelap
    replied

Rogers told me the stick is a stronger signal but I think I may try the hub instead.I may just try iracing for a month and see what happens.
    first I heard of that, they're on the same network.

Leave a comment:

• 1morelap
    replied

102? It still works, so not a big deal. Best I've seen in 80ms, but I can still play online with up to 150ms. IMO it's the best option out there for living off the grid.

Rogers has a new device out now, netgear hub, works the same as the w35 erricson, but I hear it's faster and less latency. The technology and dataplans will only get better over time.

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

i'm just spoiled i guess, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd_
    replied

Eh, could be a lot worse than 100 to be honest. That's manageable. (not saying if iracing requires less, but you could pass in many games with that even if it's a bit sucky)

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
    maybe switch to the rocket hub and you get double the dataplan limit vs the stick.

just tried that link ( I use the HUB ) same network as stick and i get.

Download Speed: 4177 kbps (522.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1808 kbps (226 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 102 ms

works great with MW2, BlackOps, GT5. Your speeds seem lower than they should be, even for the stick. I had the stick for a while and could get 1.5 on a bad day. (1500)
    102ms is horrible latency!

Leave a comment:

• mopar1
    replied

Rogers told me the stick is a stronger signal but I think I may try the hub instead.I may just try iracing for a month and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• 1morelap
    replied

What is the difference between the hub and the stick?

last I checked stick was 65/70$ for 5GB capped, Hub is 60$ for 10GB capped. plus it's a wireless router and you can attach about 10 devices to it. Hub is 10$ for every 1GB over the cap.

Leave a comment:

• mopar1
    replied

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
    maybe switch to the rocket hub and you get double the dataplan limit vs the stick.

works great with MW2, BlackOps, GT5. Your speeds seem lower than they should be, even for the stick. I had the stick for a while and could get 1.5 on a bad day. (1500)
    What is the difference between the hub and the stick?

Leave a comment:

• 1morelap
    replied

Well I tried that and my download,uplaod speed varried.Download was 517 upload was 728 and the next time download was 607 uplaod was 307.Is it constantly downloading as you are racing or does it download the race then you start.I am thinking the first,if thats the case it may not work for me because downloading is expensive with this internet connection.I sent an email to iracing and waiting to hear back.

Leave a comment:

• ONdriver
    replied

Well I tried that and my download,uplaod speed varried.Download was 517 upload was 728 and the next time download was 607 uplaod was 307.Is it constantly downloading as you are racing or does it download the race then you start.I am thinking the first,if thats the case it may not work for me because downloading is expensive with this internet connection.I sent an email to iracing and waiting to hear back.
    Your download speed might be a bit of a problem.
    For reference, my Rogers cable comes in at about 8800 download and about 500 upload. Wait and see what iracing says.

Leave a comment:

• Doug P
    replied

Buy a month and try it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X