i racing internet connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i racing internet connection

I am not sure if this is the proper section to ask this but here goes anyways.Does anybody know if I can use iracing with a rogers rocket stick internet connection.This is the only service I can get other than dial up.It is high speed but I think it works through the cell phone lines.

Re: i racing internet connection

I don't see why not. I use the rogers rocket hub for my PS3 online gaming, same setup as the stick. yes cellular network. no lag.

nvr tried it with iracing, but I don't see why not.

Comment

the best way to find out is to do a network speed test. here's a link: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
      make sure you don't download anything else during the test
      after you find out the results you can check the minimum requirements on iracing.com and see if your connection meets them.
      2003 Focus SVT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Benzin! View Post
        the best way to find out is to do a network speed test. here's a link: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
        make sure you don't download anything else during the test
        after you find out the results you can check the minimum requirements on iracing.com and see if your connection meets them.
        Or here's another test:
        http://speedtest.primus.ca/
        #25 summer & winter

Comment

Thanks guy's I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by ONdriver View Post
            Or here's another test:
            http://speedtest.primus.ca/
            Well I tried that and my download,uplaod speed varried.Download was 517 upload was 728 and the next time download was 607 uplaod was 307.Is it constantly downloading as you are racing or does it download the race then you start.I am thinking the first,if thats the case it may not work for me because downloading is expensive with this internet connection.I sent an email to iracing and waiting to hear back.

Comment

online gaming is constant internet usage

you are constantly sending information to the server which then relays it to the other drivers, while the other drivers are sending their information to the server for you to receive.

you are always connected

Some online games are less sensitive to ping disparity than others. In first person shooters i generally get 20-25 ping, anyone with above 60 skips on my screen.

I have not played iracing so i cant comment, but if you have never played on a fast connection you probably wont know the difference. Once you go highspeed you really cant go back.
              set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Buy a month and try it.
                sigpic
                Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
                  Well I tried that and my download,uplaod speed varried.Download was 517 upload was 728 and the next time download was 607 uplaod was 307.Is it constantly downloading as you are racing or does it download the race then you start.I am thinking the first,if thats the case it may not work for me because downloading is expensive with this internet connection.I sent an email to iracing and waiting to hear back.
                  Your download speed might be a bit of a problem.
                  For reference, my Rogers cable comes in at about 8800 download and about 500 upload. Wait and see what iracing says.
                  #25 summer & winter

Comment

maybe switch to the rocket hub and you get double the dataplan limit vs the stick.

just tried that link ( I use the HUB ) same network as stick and i get.

Download Speed: 4177 kbps (522.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
                    Upload Speed: 1808 kbps (226 KB/sec transfer rate)
                    Latency: 102 ms

works great with MW2, BlackOps, GT5. Your speeds seem lower than they should be, even for the stick. I had the stick for a while and could get 1.5 on a bad day. (1500)

Comment

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
                      maybe switch to the rocket hub and you get double the dataplan limit vs the stick.

works great with MW2, BlackOps, GT5. Your speeds seem lower than they should be, even for the stick. I had the stick for a while and could get 1.5 on a bad day. (1500)
                      What is the difference between the hub and the stick?

Comment

What is the difference between the hub and the stick?

last I checked stick was 65/70$ for 5GB capped, Hub is 60$ for 10GB capped. plus it's a wireless router and you can attach about 10 devices to it. Hub is 10$ for every 1GB over the cap.

Comment

Rogers told me the stick is a stronger signal but I think I may try the hub instead.I may just try iracing for a month and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post

102ms is horrible latency!
                            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Eh, could be a lot worse than 100 to be honest. That's manageable. (not saying if iracing requires less, but you could pass in many games with that even if it's a bit sucky)
                              03 Z06 #72
                              15 Prius V

Comment

Working...
                              X