Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insurance...sorry to bring it up

insure it as a show and shine, or a highly customized car,
    it just so happens there is a track at the show your going to.
    cover your plates noone needs to know.

Comment

Originally posted by coalmine View Post
      insure it as a show and shine, or a highly customized car,
      it just so happens there is a track at the show your going to.
      cover your plates noone needs to know.
      We are trying to avoid this type of behavior, not promote it.
      set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by finboy View Post
        afaik.... lant covers show and shine types.. not cars involved in motorsports
        :shrug:
        You're right. They focus on the collector car market, but Tony is a real car guy who happens to have owned his brokerage since 1978. I think he'll have an insight on the insurance risks we're taking by driving our road vehicles on the track. He's willing to come out and give us some straight answers. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Locost View Post
          You're right. They focus on the collector car market, but Tony is a real car guy who happens to have owned his brokerage since 1978. I think he'll have an insight on the insurance risks we're taking by driving our road vehicles on the track. He's willing to come out and give us some straight answers. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say.
          Thanks for letting us know. I'd like to attend if I can find the time. Do you have a specific date/place/etc for your May meeting?
          "Asking the front wheels of a car to do <more than> their normal job of steering ... is like asking a man to wire a plug while juggling. Penguins. While making love. To a beautiful woman, while on fire, on stage, in front of the Queen. It's all going to go wrong." - J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by finboy View Post
            afaik.... lant covers show and shine types.. not cars involved in motorsports
            :shrug:
            Most of them likely are show&shine rigs but they go by age and I think it's anything 15 years or older based on appraisal value.

As for modifications, they insured my 83TA which is modded quite a bit and mainly used for lap days plus I did an S1 event once..lol

The appraisal listed everything that was done to the car and they wrote the policy based on that. Also, you are not limited to attending car shows etc. - you can use the vehicle for recreational driving.

Obviously, they would not cover you for accidents at the track and they are probably no more enthusiastic about getting dinged for damages to a third party arising out of a racing incident than any other auto insurer.

Comment

Originally posted by bsclywilly View Post
              At the track, ASN Insurance covers you for liability...
              Is there a limit to the amount that they will cover; and,

Does the policy require claimants to exhaust any other possible source of coverage before the ASN Policy kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                Is there a limit to the amount that they will cover; and,

Does the policy require claimants to exhaust any other possible source of coverage before the ASN Policy kicks in.
                http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthr...ity#post177020

Read links.

Will Chan

Former OTA CCC Chairman

Comment

Working...
                X