Solosprint school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solosprint school?

What happens if its just not possible to make it out to the solosprint school but you still want to come out to a couple events throughout the season?

Is there a prerequisite for certain experience level to be allowed to run without being part of the school?
    sigpic

Re: Solosprint school?

The school is not a pre-requisite to run solosprint events. (although highly recommended)

We do not have any minimum skill requirements.

although if you have trouble understanding instruction and have a tendency to disregard procedure, you will most likely be thrown out
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthr...t=21067&page=2
      Rallispec Ltd., Full Race Turbo Systems, Stop Tech Brakes, Hankook Motorsports, Hawk Brake Pads.

Comment

thanks guys
        sigpic

Comment

organizations such as BMW Trillium Club (open to all makes) offer events focused on driver education from beginner to advanced levels. their events are very cost effective and tax deductable to boot. they offer dedicated instructors for the duration of the weekend. 5 track sessions per day, skid pad exercices plus theory classes between the track sessions. they offer 4 such events per season, mainly at Mosport. well worth checking them out imho, if one is looking for some high class instruction, or just extra lapping time. cheers!
          sigpic
          Supporting member of several
          grassroot Clubs

Comment

BTW i have thoroughly enjoyed the example of Bubba Joe and his 2011 Z06...LOL!!! Personally, i had a real life experince 2 years ago with his upper west side cousin, Bubbly James who drove a GT2: upon cresting T2 i found him to be going "flat out" at about 60km/h in the middle of the turn Thankfully, i had a well qualified and fast thinking instructor next to me and what resulted was a well learnt lesson i will never forget. if not for him, i may have had to change my name to Bubba Bill
            sigpic
            grassroot Clubs

Comment

What is the cost of a Trillium weekend?
              Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Depends upon how expensive the BMW was (just before it hit the wall).
                Rallispec Ltd., Full Race Turbo Systems, Stop Tech Brakes, Hankook Motorsports, Hawk Brake Pads.

Comment

Personally, I'm not so sure that MIR is a great track to get your feet wet on.

The DDT track (which is where the Time-Attack school will be) is significantly more forgiving if not as fast. Students (and instructors) have come off the track with usually no more damage to show than their egos. Certainly the same cannot be said for schools at MIR.

BTW the new Time-Attack format will likely have novice lapping sessions at each track with some pretty good certified instructors available. Obviously no where near as comprehensive as a school, but better than just showing up at the track.
                  Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

^ +1, great advice.
                    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                      What is the cost of a Trillium weekend?
                      more than Solo, but less than reg lapping days. the cost falls between $200 to $300 per day all in (less tax deduction). BTW they also offer a school at DDT in early April. Best to check their website for all the details (they are just getting them ramped up). Cheers!
                      sigpic
                      grassroot Clubs

Comment

I think that if you are trying to focus on technique, that the DDT is the simpler and more effective learning location. Most all of the corners are completely visible when you enter them on the DDT, so the concept of a line through a corner is easier to grasp because you can see all the way through it. It's also a safer place to experiment with trailbraking, left foot braking, etc. The only downside to the DDT is the poor condition of the surface on the major corners on/off the straights.

On the big track you tend to be memorizing geography a lot. A valuable skill, for sure, but one that can come after the basic concepts. Sure, there's good reinforcement about some basic survival skills; don't lift mid corner, etc. But the track itself is a bit overwhelming at first.
                        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Alloy GT View Post
                          more than Solo, but less than reg lapping days. the cost falls between $200 to $300 per day all in (less tax deduction). BTW they also offer a school at DDT in early April. Best to check their website for all the details (they are just getting them ramped up). Cheers!
                          Any idea how they get there events to be classified for a tax deduction?
                          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P View Post
                            Any idea how they get there events to be classified for a tax deduction?
                            they are recognized as an official educational body by CRA.
                            sigpic
                            grassroot Clubs

Comment

Working...
                            X