solosprint school tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solosprint school tires

I am hopefully going to be able to attend the school this year.I have a 2005 matrix that I will be using.I was wondering if it matters what type of tires to use.I am planning on installing an all weather set within the next couple of weeks,will they do?I was told to keep your car as close to stock as possible for learning on then move up when you are comfortable.Any feedback would be great.

Re: solosprint school tires

I used my street tires (Falken 912s) for both the SoloSprint schools (DDT and MIR), so you should be fine...

Comment

Street tires, including OEM and all-season tires, are fine for the school. They will get a great workout as the school includes skid pad, slalom, braking as well as track exercises.
      sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

I used a set of General Exclaim UHPs that had been mounted for 2 days for my first school. After the school there were no tread blocks left on the shoudlers. I can only imagine what would happen if I were running all-seasons. If you can get your camber adjusted I highly recommend it. I don't know if it can be adjusted on that car - you'd have to look into it.

Comment

I used my OEM Continental ContiSport2’s for the school and several of the events last year and they still have some good tread left on them
          sigpic
          Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

The all-seasons will work but they may take a bit of a beating depending on how hard you push the car. If you're thinking about doing some events as well you may want to keep an eye out for some used tires with rims to beat up.
            Perry
            #25 summer & winter

Comment

i dont plan on using that car for solosprint just the school.Mabey I will keep an eye out for a set of tires that I can burn off for the school.

Comment

i have been using max summer performance tires for schools and lapping events. Nitto NT05s are my current choice, but many others are available. I find they represent a good mix of daily, plus track driving performance, but they wont work for winters, so a second set of rims would be advisable, per previous recommendation.
                sigpic
                Supporting member of several
                grassroot Clubs

Comment

I did the HRC race school in my wifes Mazda with Blizzaks. They were pretty worn afterwards.

Jeff

Comment

doing a school on shitty tires may not be fun but it will teach you a whole lot better
                    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
                      i dont plan on using that car for solosprint just the school.Mabey I will keep an eye out for a set of tires that I can burn off for the school.
                      That's probably good, I've seen a Vibe go over on the DDT after a trip into the grass sideways...
                      On the plus side when the car is on its wheels it had surprisingly little body roll, so you might not kill your tires as much as you think.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X