Motorsport Tires for Time Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorsport Tires for Time Attacks

Hey guys, I've been following everyone's advise about going with motorsport tires for competition. Several have mentioned special pricing on BFG R1 and Toyo R88. Where are these special prices listed and how or where do I buy them?

HELP !!!
    TeamVDG - OTA#47

'Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy' by Browne & Frey

Re: Motorsport Tires for Time Attacks

The R888 Toyo's can be found at www.teamtoyo.ca

Jeff
    Toronto Tirecraft
    126 Peelar Rd.
    Vaughan, Ontario
    905-760-1130

Comment

Hey thanks Jeff. Those prices are crazy high ... what's up with that ? They are half that amount shiped to my door from Tread Zone in the USA.
      TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Those are the list prices. You're racer price will be approx 35 to 40 percent off that.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Using 40% off it's still $210.00 cheaper with all taxes and duty in, to purchase the tires from the USA and have them shipped to my door. The local tire guy here will mount and road force balance them for $100 total. Am I missing something here ?
          TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

here's what's missing:

a) the "you live in Canada tax premium"

b) you can't beat the service Jeff can give you

There's always cheaper out there, especially in the US, it shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Luckily there are some sponsored Toyo contingency prizes if you win a series...
            '08 Lancer

Comment

Thanks for your comments chincster.

a/ even buying tires outside Canada you still pay the same HST and the same 6% import duty.

b/ I'm sure Jeff is a great guy - so is Joe at Tread Zone ... as is Mike at TireCraft and Andrew at GTA tire.

In the example I used it was with a 40% discount. I now hear it's close to 30% - that would make the saving even after mounting and balancing close to $250.

So the opportunity for the 'fastest' competitors to receive some free tires is the extend of Toyo's support ?

I think most of us would perfer the opportunity of paying less money for our tires. The 'fastest' guys get trophies and bragging rights.

OTOH I sure hope Toyo don't expect everyone to run their decals.

Anyone know anything about the programs for BFG's ?
              TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Hey Brutus,

Competitors that are members of CASC-OR clubs that participate in Time Attack or Autoslalom automatically get Code-1 discount, which is 40% off list prices.

Certain clubs also supplement that 40% with additional discount coupons, our club gives members an additional 200 dollars to spend towards the "Canadian Inventory" tires, not to mention the additional contingencies from CASC-OR and other private sponsors. It all adds up.

If you don't intend to run for any of the contingency prizes, just go buy any tire you want and run it. I'm quite confident that the VP will announce the contingency program for BFG shortly.

Sponsors support CASC-OR in many ways, not just free tires. They help offset the cost of participating in Motorsports through reduced insurance rates, which is passed on directly to the competitors amongst other things.
                President, Co-Founder
                http://www.spda-online.ca
                sigpic
                SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
                2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
                2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
                Supported by the greatest companies!!
                Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

JoeT,

Thanks for providing the valuable information. Just a thought, but perhaps this type of information can be listed within a special 'members benefits' section. Someone was asking for input regarding the differences between the time new attack series and the existing one out there. For me costs and value will always be part of my decision making equation. Supporting sponsors is great, but at the end of the day the affordability for the competitor needs to be kept real.
                  TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

I am not getting this. How are you getting them shipped to your door that much cheaper than supporting a sponsor?

I went to the web site and priced my size of both Toyos and R1s. It would not let me enter a Canadian postal code so I entered a zip for Niagara Falls. Adding the cost of shipping there to the cost of the tires puts the before tax cost pretty much equal to my cost of either tire here purchased from a sponsor.

Why are your so much less?

And Joe has also pointed out other benifits provided through club memberships. For example I attended my club annual meeting Sunday and we had draws for many prizes including giving away 4 sets of tires and a few thousand dollars in cash coupons for tires. Just had to be a member.

Sponsors provide more to us than discounted purchase costs. They support CASC OR at a higher level allowing for reduced rates.

Of course shop around, but if you are buying for about the same or a bit more from a sponsor the supporet should be given.
                    sigpic
                    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Doug:

I guess we're looking at much different tire sizes.

I've got no problem supporting sponsors, but hey give me some details on how they as you put it "are supporting the sport at a higher level allowing for reduced rates".

And are all these give away tires available through all the casc clubs.

As I suggested in my earlier post to Joe, provide the real details of what the sponsor is providing to any and all competitors and the sport. Based on the tire price comparison it appears that by buying my tires in Canada I'm the one who's really funding the give away stuff.

Hey I'm only asking for the same pricing as the guy off the street south of the boarder.

I'm trying to support the sponsor ... but I can't afford to !
                      TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post

Certain clubs also supplement that 40% with additional discount coupons, our club gives members an additional 200 dollars to spend towards the "Canadian Inventory" tires, not to mention the additional contingencies from CASC-OR and other private sponsors. It all adds up.
                        I'm apart of SPDA, is there an additional 200 to spend towards canadian inventory for me? I run in GT sprints/GT challenge
                        GT Sprints/Challenge:
                        #121 Golf - GT4
                        #119 CRX - Sold

Comment

I agree that the Toyo price structure is confusing. It is difficult to find out if you're getting a good deal, it always seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me....

The idea of an exorbitant list price from which most of us get discounts seems crooked, I mean who are the chumps that end up paying list price?
                          Jonathan Weir
                          Number: 5
                          Class: Yours!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 92tsiawd View Post
                            I'm apart of SPDA, is there an additional 200 to spend towards canadian inventory for me? I run in GT sprints/GT challenge
                            Yes, we usually hand them out at the open house, and we handed out about 8K worth of stuff this Sunday at the AGM.
                            President, Co-Founder
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonweir View Post
                              I agree that the Toyo price structure is confusing. It is difficult to find out if you're getting a good deal, it always seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me....

The idea of an exorbitant list price from which most of us get discounts seems crooked, I mean who are the chumps that end up paying list price?
                              Jon,

Go visit any tire dealer, they all have "list price" catalogs. It's standard practice to provide an MSRP for any product. Discounts on product are Dependant on volumes. Even Honda when they sell cars have an MSRP, but you don't see people buying retail.

What you perceive as crooked is an industry wide practice, it enables companies to provide margins which which they can discount, so the "disti's" can make a living, as well as the retailers.

Hankook, BFG, Michelin, Toyo, Falken, etc. etc. etc. all have the same practice.
                              President, Co-Founder
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X