Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current NB Miata rollbar options (I did do a search in advance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current NB Miata rollbar options (I did do a search in advance)

I am trying to figure out race-legal rollbar options for an NB Miata...

I'd like neither the hard-top nor soft-top operation to be affected i.e. no rubbing etc.

I did do a search before posting this topic and came across a couple of options from older posts:

- CSC Racing
    - Harddog (Hardcore Hardtop model? Single and double diagonal are legal?)

Maybe something's changed or another player has come on the market since then?

I might also want to turn it into a full cage later.

What about Autopower's options?

Re: Current NB Miata rollbar options (I did do a search in advance)

CSC Racing has been a longtime sponsor of CASC-OR and makes strong bars for the Miata NA or NB (same bar). Fit under the soft or hardtop without issues.

I am a lifelong advocate for their bars, lol.

http://www.cscracing.com/miata.html
    Andre
    Ottawa, Ontario
    2013 Scion FR-S 6MT

Comment

I'll second Andre's recommendation - CSC makes an excellent rollbar for a miata NB - fits under both a soft- and hard-top without rubbing. The CSC also bolts right down to the floor, whereas the Harddog fastens to the seatbelt mounts. The seatbelt mounts are very solid, but I'd rather have a bar that comes to the floor.

Comment

I have to admit, I am now having 2nd thoughts about having my car chopped-up, having the bar & harness installed etc VS just going with a/nother regular roofed car...

Is the rollbar install fairly invasive?

With cars with regular roofs, is it pretty much arrive n' drive, as long as it is not in mod class?

Comment

Installation of either a CSC or a Harddog rollbar is not particularly difficult - you will need to pull out the seats, remove the splash guards over the rear wheels, and roll back the carpetting and sound-proofing over the parcel shelf. There is a piece of sheet-metal under that carpetting that needs to be unbolted and trimmed to allow the diagonal posts to go down into the trunk area. After that you put the bar into the car (get a friend to help). For a CSC, you then drill holes in the trunk area and the floor to bolt the bar down with backing plates. For the Harddog, you still need to drill the trunk, but the main hoop bolts into the seatbelt mounts. Its about a day's work first time around in a home garage. CSC can also do the install for you.

Comment

I have the hard dog bar and cool stickers.
            I picked that bar because of the integrated 5 point harness option and the cool blue belts.
            Now CrITical Inc.
            Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

I have just put my NB for sale with Hard dog rollbar. It also has a very good combination of features for Time Attack.

Here is the post; http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21965

JohnP

Comment

Working...
              X