Holy crap, you did all the work for me!
    Naw, the CCDB does all the work!

Leave a comment:

• bsclywilly
    replied
    Re: Another new commer

Originally posted by ManimillioN View Post

The car is a 1999, stock power was lower in 1999, rated at 195.

The SVT cams are stock, how ever the car comes 2.5L in displacement, and the displacement is now 3L. Had an engine transplant from a 3L Ford Escape, and the heads are stock ford escape heads as well, just with svt cams. Since it has a swap, does it matter what the stock power rating was?

The car is going to be dyno tuned as soon as the weather is nice and I take the car back out on the road. The weight of the car, is it with driver or without driver? Weighing the car is the easiest part.

What are the cars which are running on SGT2 and SGT3?
    It's a damn good thing our overly complex car classification accounts for engine swaps and dynos . Have you been to our classifcation website to enter in your detaisl and spit out the class? ccdb.soloontario.com
    You can choose to do swap, or if you have more than 12 engine PIPs you can submit a dyno as well. If you choose swap, then the modifications will be based on the 3L stock rated hp+whatever engine PIPs. Read over 5.0G and 5.0H to see how the swaps and dyno classification rules work...and make sure your car can meet those requirements or it may be subject to additional PIPs (e.g. if the transmission is not what the 3L came with you may need to take the PIPs for changed gears -5.1A1.1).

As for measuring weights, read section 5.1D in the rule book to see how race weight is defined. Basically, it's full fluids, no driver.

As for SGT2 and 3 cars, it can be quite a mix depending on what class of tires people use. Our series has alot of vettes, f-bodies, subaru WRXs and a civic that run in those classes.

Leave a comment:

• ManimillioN
    replied

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
    That is correct since the V710's (and the Avon Tech R for that matter - thanks for catching that one Frank) have 2 grooves they are not considered slicks.

Just a quick look at the CCDB and it looks like you might be in SGT3 or SGT2. Using the 2000 Contour SVT as the base vehicle rated at 200hp from the factory here is an ESTIMATE of the classification of your car based on PIPs alone assuming that all your mods are listed and that I understand their purpose (e.g. I took SCT Xcal2 Tuning to mean the ECU is chipped).

Starting PI: 62.4 (PI = performance index of base car)
    Starting Class: GT4 (2000 Contour SVT without mods)
    ePIPs: 8 (engine PIPs)
    Factored sPIPs: 9.5 (suspension PIPs factored to base handling index of 50)
    Factored bPIPs: 0.6 or 2.4 (interior/exterior PIPs factored to the power to weight ratio - e.g. 6 pt rollbar, race seats, front light mod)
    oPIPs: 3.5 (current mods) or 4.5 (all mods) (splitter, lightened flywheel, torsen diff, final drive)
    Total PIPs: 21.6 (current mods) or 24.4 (all mods)
    Final PI: 84.0 (current mods) or 86.8 (all mods)
    Final Class: SGT3 (current mods) or SGT2 (all mods)

With your current setup if you choose to run non-uber tires such as Toyo RA1s or R888s you would drop one class to GT1 (or SGT3) and running street tires would drop you two classes to GT2 (or GT1).

As Dave said getting some dyno time and weighing the car might yield a better class for your car than using PIPs alone.

Note: I made the assumptions the SVT Cams are stock but the SPEC flywheel and Clutch are aftermarket and 3L oval port is a port and polishing of the heads.

Cheers!

The car is a 1999, stock power was lower in 1999, rated at 195.

The SVT cams are stock, how ever the car comes 2.5L in displacement, and the displacement is now 3L. Had an engine transplant from a 3L Ford Escape, and the heads are stock ford escape heads as well, just with svt cams. Since it has a swap, does it matter what the stock power rating was?

The car is going to be dyno tuned as soon as the weather is nice and I take the car back out on the road. The weight of the car, is it with driver or without driver? Weighing the car is the easiest part.

What are the cars which are running on SGT2 and SGT3?

Leave a comment:

• nissannx
    replied

Good post Pierre.

And Mani, the V710 is a much better tire than the Avon. I've never had the V710, but I have had the Avon.

Leave a comment:

• Carguy
    replied

That is correct since the V710's (and the Avon Tech R for that matter - thanks for catching that one Frank) have 2 grooves they are not considered slicks.

Just a quick look at the CCDB and it looks like you might be in SGT3 or SGT2. Using the 2000 Contour SVT as the base vehicle rated at 200hp from the factory here is an ESTIMATE of the classification of your car based on PIPs alone assuming that all your mods are listed and that I understand their purpose (e.g. I took SCT Xcal2 Tuning to mean the ECU is chipped).

Starting PI: 62.4 (PI = performance index of base car)
    Starting Class: GT4 (2000 Contour SVT without mods)
    ePIPs: 8 (engine PIPs)
    Factored sPIPs: 9.5 (suspension PIPs factored to base handling index of 50)
    Factored bPIPs: 0.6 or 2.4 (interior/exterior PIPs factored to the power to weight ratio - e.g. 6 pt rollbar, race seats, front light mod)
    oPIPs: 3.5 (current mods) or 4.5 (all mods) (splitter, lightened flywheel, torsen diff, final drive)
    Total PIPs: 21.6 (current mods) or 24.4 (all mods)
    Final PI: 84.0 (current mods) or 86.8 (all mods)
    Final Class: SGT3 (current mods) or SGT2 (all mods)

With your current setup if you choose to run non-uber tires such as Toyo RA1s or R888s you would drop one class to GT1 (or SGT3) and running street tires would drop you two classes to GT2 (or GT1).

As Dave said getting some dyno time and weighing the car might yield a better class for your car than using PIPs alone.

Note: I made the assumptions the SVT Cams are stock but the SPEC flywheel and Clutch are aftermarket and 3L oval port is a port and polishing of the heads.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Carguy; 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: assumptions added

Leave a comment:

• bsclywilly
    replied

Hey Mani,

Great to see you come out to Time Attack this season. You'll have a blast, guaranteed! Note that running slicks automatically lands you in Open Mod class by 2010 rules (Unlimited class in 2011). MCO count currently stands at 3 if Brad comes out this year - woo hoo! Welcome aboard!
    FYI, non-dot slicks are allowed in MOD class too. But if you're running less than 6lb/hp AND non-dot slicks, it's Unlimited class.

Welcome Mani. Nice car!

Leave a comment:

• ManimillioN
    replied

Originally posted by nissannx View Post
    The Avon Tech RA is a two groove tire, so it is not a true slick. Thus similar to the Hoosier R6 or Hankook Z214 it's an uber tire, but not a slick.

Mani, correct me if I'm wrong in understanding your tire choice.
    Frank
    Hey Frank.

These are the Tech RA's. They are almost done, and just picked up two sets of V710's which I am planning on running. So I am guessing as you say they arne't true slicks, therefore I wont be in the Open Mod class?

Originally posted by RRRex View Post
    Nice looking ride. Look forward to seeing it next season.
    Thank you, same here!

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
    Basically that is it.

Yes, people are very friendly in Time-Attack. Not a lot of secret setups I think and no body giving bad advice. We really are in it just for the fun of it. Sometimes your best competition is your previous run .

I didn't add up your PIPs for your engine but you might do well with a dyno plot and curb weight to get a good classification of your car. Brake mods are all free.
    Thanks for all the info Dave.

Hey Mani,

Great to see you come out to Time Attack this season. You'll have a blast, guaranteed! Note that running slicks automatically lands you in Open Mod class by 2010 rules (Unlimited class in 2011). MCO count currently stands at 3 if Brad comes out this year - woo hoo! Welcome aboard!
    Thanks. Hey glad to see you and some familiar faces here.

Leave a comment:

• nissannx
    replied

Hey Mani,

The Avon Tech RA is a two groove tire, so it is not a true slick. Thus similar to the Hoosier R6 or Hankook Z214 it's an uber tire, but not a slick.

Mani, correct me if I'm wrong in understanding your tire choice.
    Frank

Leave a comment:

• Carguy
    replied

Hey Mani,

Last edited by Carguy; 03-02-2011, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RRRex
    replied

Nice looking ride. Look forward to seeing it next season.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Barker
    replied

Thanks for all the information.

What is involved with getting a C class license?

From what I see, I have to be a member of a CASC affiliated club (I am with MCO and it is a CASC-OR affiliate), fill up the application form and the applicable fees and mail it in?
    Basically that is it.

Yes, people are very friendly in Time-Attack. Not a lot of secret setups I think and no body giving bad advice. We really are in it just for the fun of it. Sometimes your best competition is your previous run .

I didn't add up your PIPs for your engine but you might do well with a dyno plot and curb weight to get a good classification of your car. Brake mods are all free.

Leave a comment:

• ManimillioN
    replied

Originally posted by Lloyd_ View Post
    1) C
    Thanks for all the information.

What is involved with getting a C class license?

From what I see, I have to be a member of a CASC affiliated club (I am with MCO and it is a CASC-OR affiliate), fill up the application form and the applicable fees and mail it in?
    Last edited by ManimillioN; 03-02-2011, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• racecartech
    replied

welcome to Time Attack, You will enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Todd #65
    replied

We aren't competing for prize money (although there are going to be some nice prizes for various things this year) ... so the competitive element only really kicks-in when you're in your car.

People are very helpful to others - "say' I notice you've got a can of gas there...."

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd_
    replied

Great, thanks for the advice and things to consider.

From what I read in the rule book, you need to hold a Competitior License C or A?

Can you give me a run down of a typical day?

Are people helpful to others, or do they show up, live in their own bubble? You usually don't see this as grassroots events, mostly at more competitive levels but I'd hate to find this out at the event.
    1) C,

2) A typical 2011 day will likely look something like:

Code:
        Registration and tech inspection: 8:00 - 8:45
        Driver's meeting: 8:45 - 8:55
        Group lapping (20 minute sessions)*: 9:00 - 12:00
        Open Lapping: 12:00 - 12:30
        Lunch: 12:00 - 12:45
        Driver’s Meeting: 12:45 – 12:55
        Competition runs: 1:00 - 5:00
        Open Lapping if time available at end of competition
        Track Closed: 5:00 PM

Barbeque Dinner: 5:30 (Saturday)
        Driver’s Meeting - Results: 6:00 (Sat.), 5:00 (Sun.)

*  All competitors will be divided into run groups on race day. 
       [Advanced/Intermediate/Novice]
    Don't take that as final but that's the idea.

3) In terms of friendliness nobody keeled over laughing when I brought out a Prelude last year, that's gotta count for something right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X