Walk Me Through This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk Me Through This

So I went and filled out the PIP spreadsheet for my RX7. It came out with Total Engine of 19, Total Suspension with 12, Total Body at 12.5 and other with 5.5. The calculator shows a Final PI of 120 and a Final Class of Mod. Thats cool as I think the car should be a Mod car anyways and there is no way that I can get it quiet enough for the other classes.

So my questions are surrounding tires and if I it's a legal 2011 GT4 Regional race car, is it legal for Time Attack? In Mod, can you run slicks or is there some weird rules that limit this. If I get my CASC Race Annual on the car, is it legal for Time Attack? I don't see where there would be an issue, but I want to check.

Thanks,

Eric
    #23 GT4 Cougar and #24 GT4 RX7

sigpic

Re: Walk Me Through This

With the number of PIPs you've got, you would need to (and perhaps to your advantage) submit a dyno and 'race weight'. We would use those criteria to classify your car.

If you'd like to run non-DOT slicks, then it will be either Modified or Unlimited class anyways and submitting dyno and weight is not needed.

Our scrutineering is separate from Race but you shouldn't have a problem as long as you fill out our tech forms.

Will Chan

Former OTA CCC Chairman

Comment

Eric, you can always run NT-01s and you might end up in a lower class than mod but you will need a race weight and dyno. May not be worth it.

I think our modified record at MIR is in the 1:31s
      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Eric, in the past seaons I have run 2 different GT4 racecars in MOD class. You won't win anything but if you are looking for testing something or just seat time/fun, it is a great day.

For tech, bring a filled out self tech form and your logbook.

If you want to re-class your car, do a dyno and race weight, you may get it as low as sgt2, as long as your tires are 2 groove race not full slicks.

give me a call if you like

Scott
        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Guys, its not for me as I will not be driving the car. Mark Clyde will be in the car for the Time Attacks and he will be learning this year and having a bunch of fun.

My concern with the GT1 and 2 classes is the sound limits. There is no way I can get a BP rotary under 95 dbs. Its going to be a challenge to get it under 100 dbs. As well, I just hate all the nitpicking rules in the other classes. I like the more open nature of Mod so the car won't be disqualified for not having backup lights or sun visors. I understand it won't win, but I just want Mark to have fun in the car and we can keep it legal for the GT Challenge Series longer enduros.

The car will be running on DOT R Compounds as well, so if my concerns above are pointless and the car should run in GT2 and it can be loud and nobody will hassle me for running a GT car in GT2, then maybe thats the way to go.

Scott I will give you a buzz on Friday for some advice.

Thanks,

Eric

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
            Eric, you can always run NT-01s and you might end up in a lower class than mod but you will need a race weight and dyno. May not be worth it.

I think our modified record at MIR is in the 1:31s
            Dave, the car will be on R Compounds. Right now I can't say whose until I get an agreement in place, . Realistically, I can more than likely put the car into the low 1:36's at MIR with new tires and a low fuel load, but I think Mark will be pretty excited to get into the 1:38's in his first year timed on track. The pucker factor alone at MIR could be called ground effects and worth at least a second, LOL.

At Shannonville, the car should be more competitive.

If I come out for a Time Attack round, it will more than likely be in the Cougar at MIR for the Nationals in GT1. It should be competitive in that class as a lot of the motor stuff is still stock. I don't know, as I need to see what my sponsors will want to do.

Eric

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X