April Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Update

Thanks to Scott at Can-Alignment! I cannot say enough about his creativity, professionalism and ability to take a challenging project from start to finish. What a great shop!
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Re: April Update

So is it 100 percent done already?
    sigpic

Comment

SeRiously? Man, for 2011 you're really paying attention to all the DETails!

http://www.pitl.ca

Comment

It is in my driveway awaiting Frank to take it home

next??
        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Nice work! Should be a blast on the track Frank!

PS Scott, could you move the shop closer to Ottawa?
          CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
          sigpic
          Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

That thing got NOS?
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

I like! and the redtop goes so well on white too

Comment

Is this legit this time? I seem to remember you posting last year around this time about an AWD GTi swap in your car. (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19209)

I must admit, it does LOOK like your car this time.
                TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director

Comment

Frank,

I think we have a spare SR20 non turbo engine and tranny sitting at the shop...

I could ask the guy who owns it if he wants to give it away...is that NA engine compatible in any way?

Adam
                  Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

99.8% done. Waiting on spark plugs - special order - and I have to put the dash back together. The details are what makes it! Drove it back to Waterloo tonight!

And yes, I did post up an April fool's day prank last year. The timing is pure coincidence and this is the real thing. Enough forum members have seen it at Can-Alignment during the build.

Adam, I don't have room for another engine at home or I'd ask about it. But the GTi-R SR20DET has some big differences over the other SR and SRDETs, so there's limited parts swap between them. I also have a spare transmission already. It's an Infiniti G20 P10 model in the car; and I picked up a P11 at the end of the swap. A Bully Stage 4 clutch and lightweight flywheel to put the power down.

Comment

Originally posted by nissannx View Post
                      But the GTi-R SR20DET has some big differences over the other SR and SRDETs, so there's limited parts swap between them.
                      Is it just me, or is there something wrong with having "DET" in the name of a turbo engine?
                      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

go turbo, go fast, go boom. That is where the "DET" fits in
                        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

There may be some detractors to my project, but once they put on their detective hats they will detect the details and determine the amount of determination required to finish it. It should not deter other competitors from entering competition, as I do not want to cause the class to deteriorate. That being said, bumping the car from 89.9 hub hp to 227 crank hp may be a detriment. I do hope that putting the pedal to the medal will feel like a detonation. In fact, compared to my GA16 I have no doubt that it will. The detonation, however, will be contained effectively within the engine. No unwanted booms for me, thank you. This is thanks to Nissan's engineering ability and my wisdom in keeping everything as stock as I can in my GTi-R SR20DET.

At this point in time.

Comment

You'll notice a fair amount of room around the GA16 engine. I will tell you this is a bittersweet moment. This engine has been amazing. If you're interested in buying one of the most modified GA16 engines in Ontario, send me a PM.

That being said, I don't look too sad!

Scott was a great support through this project.

Getting the GTi-R SR20DET ready to go in.

It's got a T 28 turbo. I'm using the stock downpipe that's been re-welded to fit a FWD setup and the stock uppipe has simply been turned to fit a FMIC.
                            Last edited by nissannx; 04-02-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Scott will not appreciate me gushing about this, but if you thought watching him align a car was a work of art you should see him with a wiring harness.

My role in the wiring department was clean up. The GTi-R harness had been damaged by rats when shipped from Japan ten years ago - that's right, ten years this engine has been sitting ten minutes away at Will's house - so we used parts from the GA harness and parts from an SR harness. So there was lots to clean up.

Nothing more needs to be said here.

Lot's of room now.

You just cannot quite see the ITBs from this shot - but believe me, they're there!

Comment

Working...
                              X