April Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Update

The GA16's transmission shed a few teeth last season and that was the prompt to start the swap. We also found that the throw out bearing was toast. An Infiniti G20 (P10) has been mated to the SR, with the transmission housing strengthened for the extra HP.

Water temp, Oil Temp and Oil pressure gauges have been added.

Scott discovered my secret tricks to keep the car's weight up high so that I was still able to stay in Touring 3! LOL!!!

Placing the FMIC up front to consider placement.

I like this!
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

We had to cut out a minimal amount of material to fit the intercooler piping in place.

Checking out the fitment

While there was lots of room with the GA, the SR certainly required a bit of finesse to get in place.

Bully was my clutch choice. I had a Stage 3, 3 puck in the previous set up and was very happy so no question about this project. A Stage Four clutch with an Asko flywheel.

Comment

We had to grind a bit from the transmission to allow fitment of the crossmember.

JB Weld is being used to reinforce the tranmission - the holes used by the factory for weight savings are a weak point when mated to an engine with 100 more HP than the Infiniti had.

Cold Air Intake !

Factory downpipe - it was cut at the flex pipe when the front clip was brought over. That's okay as it didn't fit my set up anyhow. Straightened it up and sticking with my 2" exhaust that I used with my GA. Restrictive but still better flow than the GTi-R's 2 " exhaust.

Comment

Nice build Scott, Frank. I hope the reliability is there.

What class are you going to be in?

JohnP

Comment

Looking forward to seeing another Nissan in GT3.
            sigpic
            2006 350z
            OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Class isn't finalized yet. All I can say is that I'd have to add a lot of weight (legally of course) to the car to get down to GT3.
              Last edited by nissannx; 04-02-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Which one will I bring to Ontario Time Attack? In the fall I picked up a 92 NX2000 that I'm using as my winter car.

Couldn't leave Can-Alignment without a corner balance and alignment!

Ford was in on a regular basis to help out. We were also regularly checking out Scott's new widebody 240SX. My car is done and Scott can move on to other projects.

Comment

If you run on spare donuts would that qualify you for T3?
                  Last edited by John P; 04-10-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I just went for the first real drive.
                    WOW!

Comment

Bet you're happy to have a HANS device now!
                      CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                      sigpic
                      Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
                        Bet you're happy to have a HANS device now!
                        Defender, and I hope every one who has a device never has the misfortune of needing it.
                        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

DefNder, 4 point roll bar, SA helmets - I'm thinking about more safety equipment now!

Comment

Gotta give Props on your determination and Scott's creativeness. Seen both you put alot of hard work in. Thanks for the honorable mention by the way. And awesome to hear you had a "WOW" ride on Sunday

Our cars had been pretty close before. Not now. So you've inspired me to get my butt moving and get my mods done. So enjoy your time in the Sun...while it lasts . When I get this puppy in, we'll see who has the braggin rights

And running this year with the added confidence of a "Can-Alignment custom fab shop" oil pan
                            Attached Files
                            Ford W.
                            White 1995 240sx OTA #99
                            Club SPDA

Comment

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
                              Defender, and I hope every one who has a device never has the misfortune of needing it.
                              I actually meant on account of the "neck snapping speed". The comment had nothing to do with Frank actually "needing" his safety equipment.
                              CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                              sigpic
                              Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

I did not even consider you meant it in that way. I merely mentioned Frank owned a Defender restraint unit.

Also as more people purchase these type of devices I hope there is less need for them.
                                sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Working...
                                X