2011 asn canada fia national time attack championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 asn canada fia national time attack championship

SPDA is pleased to host the 2011 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Championship at Mosport, presented by Sailun Tire and Mobil 1. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are offering this weekend at unheard of rates for three days of such incredible value at Mosport!

When: Fri August 26 – Sun August 28 2011. Friday is a lapping / practice / instruction day. Saturday and Sunday are competition days.

Where: Mosport International Raceway, Grand Prix track. Camping and showers are available. 3233 Concession Road #10, RR #5, Bowmanville, Ontario, L1C 3K6

How Much: Until April 30th 2011 we will hold the “Open House” HST included pricing on the Entry Form.
    • $495 for the weekend. Yes, $495 for THREE days on the fastest track in North America, with the fastest Time Attack competitors in Canada!
    • $195 for Friday only until April 30th maximum 60 entries accepted
    • $165 for Saturday only until April 30th maximum 80 entries accepted
    • $165 for Sunday only until April 30th maximum 80 entries accepted
    • Current Membership in ASN Canada FIA or SCCA affiliated club and a Class C license are required for Saturday and Sunday competition. If you do not have either, the cost of these are built into your registration price.

Rules and GCR’s: This event will be held under ASN Canada FIA National GCR’s and National Time Attack Rules (pending publication post April 27th) Supplemental regulations will follow publication of the National Rules. In short, National rules are expected to follow Ontario rules, but with separate Touring 4, Improved, Prepared and Modified classes. R-Compound tires are -5 PIPs, and Street tires are -10 PIPs.

Important links:

Entry Form:
    http://casc.on.ca/sites/default/file...entry_form.pdf

Self-Tech form:
    http://casc.on.ca/sites/default/file..._insp_form.pdf

2011 Ontario Rules until 2011 National rules are Published:
    http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ons_online.pdf

2010 National GCR’s until 2011 National GCR’s are Published:
    English: http://www.asncanada.com/ASN_Solospo...osport-GCR.pdf
    French: http://www.asncanada.com/ASN_Solospo...CR-FR-2010.pdf

Car Classification Database: http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb
    Aside from the elimination of Touring 4, Improved and Prepared in Ontario, PI calculation will still be accurate using the Ontario database link above. Your class shown will be for Ontario competition, but the PDF version of the report will be modified to show your National class if it is different from Ontario classing.

Professional Instruction: Instruction will be available at a modest price from trained Ontario Time Attack Instructors on Friday for drivers unaccustomed to the unique challenges of Mosport including radical elevation changes, surface changes and line changes for drive layout and weather. We want to keep you safe, and bring you up to your maximum speed for competition on the weekend!

Convertibles: Require CASC-OR legal roll bars or roll cages. See 2011 Ontario ruleset for build details. OE rollover protection is not adequate. Other homologations, inquire with our Chief Scruiteneer.

Contacts:
    Registration: Serge Guschin, ontariotimeattack [at] gmail [dot] com
    Scrutineer: Derrick Cormier, thatsderrick [at] yahoo [dot] com
    Event Inquiries: Stephen Deneka, Chief Organizer, steved [at] spda-online [dot] ca
    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Re: 2011 asn canada fia national time attack championship

If you register for the Nationals, I might be able to get you some partial tire sponsorship from Sailun and free track time at the DDT May 5th to try them out. Email me for details. steved [at] spda-online [dot] ca
    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Is there only going to be 1 class for all Mod cars? I was thinking of bringing the Cougar out for this event and seeing how fast I can go under Solo rules, but I was hoping that there would be a few Mod classes to run under as I a very short on HP compared to a real GT1 car. I only have 2.5l of NA HP available. Even on slicks it would be hard to go quicker than a 1:32.

Eric
      #23 GT4 Cougar and #24 GT4 RX7

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 23Racer View Post
        Is there only going to be 1 class for all Mod cars? I was thinking of bringing the Cougar out for this event and seeing how fast I can go under Solo rules, but I was hoping that there would be a few Mod classes to run under as I a very short on HP compared to a real GT1 car. I only have 2.5l of NA HP available. Even on slicks it would be hard to go quicker than a 1:32.

Eric
        PM'ed
        set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by 23Racer View Post

Eric
          The National ruleset will have MOD, IMPROVED, and, PREPARED classes seperated as in previous years.

Will

Will Chan

Former OTA CCC Chairman

Comment

Working...
          X