What tires would YOU buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What tires would YOU buy?

A little late at this point, unfortunately. Not a problem though ... they can't POSSIBLY be worse than the factory Goodyear's!!!
    OMSC
    Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
    Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

The Kumho XS aren't known for stellar wet grip anyway, so be mindful of that. That is the main downside of them compared to some of the other tires in that catgory.

cheers
      Ed N.
      84 Mustang SVO
      95 Jaguar XJR

Comment

hijacking Pete's thread, but staying on the subject: any feedback regarding Yokohama's ADVAN NEOVA AD08s? thanks!
        sigpic
        Supporting member of several
        grassroot Clubs

Comment

Well, so far I'd say I'm pretty happy with the performance of the Kumho XS, HOWEVER:

A) they're NOT grippy on the first lap, and step "quietly" out of line! (not a lot of audible feedback from them at all, really)

B) they're definitely not as grippy as Hoosier R6's! (no kidding, right?! ) ..... apparently I was ~1.5 seconds slower with the 'Vette on Kumho's than I was with the Camaro on R6's . That's it, sell the car ... gimme my Camaro back!
          OMSC
          Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
          Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

A lap is conservative, I think they need a whole session to warm up.

But they feel great when warm...they seem to be very accommodating about randomized steering wheel inputs and slip angles, and the wear has been promising so far.
            03 Z06 #72
            15 Prius V

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
              ..... apparently I was ~1.5 seconds slower with the 'Vette on Kumho's than I was with the Camaro on R6's . That's it, sell the car ... gimme my Camaro back!
              Trade??
              Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                Trade??
                Pete should probably throw in some cash to make it fair, since the Camaro is faster.
                03 Z06 #72
                15 Prius V

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                  Trade??
                  Not sure the hockey bag will fit!
                  #25 summer & winter

Comment

More a case of what can you buy !!!

What a frustrating time I've had trying to replace my Dunlop Starspecs. 2 years ago I could get these no prob from Active Green and Ross, now you can only get them from the US (2 week order). RS3s - good luck... again US order only and rare. I ended up ordering RE11s last week for fitting today and when I called they will be another week or so as US cant ship as originally promised !!

Any local retailers you can recommend who might have access to RE11, RS3s or Starspecs ?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by pwrace View Post

What a frustrating time I've had trying to replace my Dunlop Starspecs. 2 years ago I could get these no prob from Active Green and Ross, now you can only get them from the US (2 week order). RS3s - good luck... again US order only and rare. I ended up ordering RE11s last week for fitting today and when I called they will be another week or so as US cant ship as originally promised !!

Any local retailers you can recommend who might have access to RE11, RS3s or Starspecs ?

Thanks..
                      What size?
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      2014 Solo2 Car #46

Comment

225/45x17 for a VW GTI

Comment

rs3's you can get from discount tire direct in the states they are great to deal with!
                          sigpic

Comment

$117 each at tirerack.com! (for RS3's that is)
                            #25 summer & winter

Comment

Thanks..
                              I believe that Tire Rack has the exclusive on selling the Star Specs now, so I've been told.

cheers
                              Ed N.
                              84 Mustang SVO
                              95 Jaguar XJR

Comment

Thanks..
                                Huh? Tires23 quoted me Star Specs couple months ago. A friend just got a set installed by them one month ago. Unless something drastic has changed in the last month, Tires23 should be able to get you Star Specs.

(905) 602-8881

Also, I don't see how any of the tire sponsors on this forum can't get Star Specs.
                                Mmmmmmm cones...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X