Clear All

Re: good tips

i got those forms done
    sigpic
    Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
    UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

If this is your first high speed event, learn to go fast slowly. Start with a good driving position (an experienced driver at the track will show you that) which will give you better car control. On the track, don't wail down the straights and then hold everyone up in the corners: concentrate not on speed but on such things as learning the lines through the corners, smooth transitions from corner to corner and in controlling brake and throttle applications, smooth and deliberate manipulation of the steering wheel, and keeping the car balanced in all manoeuvres. As your driving gets smoother and more controlled, the speed will come naturally without you really knowing it untill you see your lap times. This is just a very brief overview, but you will find that most experienced drivers at the track will be more than happy to give you some more in-depth coaching. Happy racing.
      The Man's Prayer:
      "I'm a man, but I can change ... if I have to ... I guess!"

"I'm so old that when I hear the word "Spandex" I think of watch bracelets."

sigpic

Comment

^ ^ ah, what do you know anyway?!

All great advice posted above! Especially the part about listening to that Chuck Norris fellow! He'll hunt you down!!!!!!!!

Blue or Green painter's tape works great for numbers AND car class (both have to be posted, and on both sides of the car ..... yes, I hate it too ).

Being the first event of the season, and first event for many of the new people, please be patient for the first day ... things may seem confusing/hectic at moments, but that's all they are, just moments. Once you see how the first day runs, you'll be a seasoned "pro" come the next event.

Have fun, and best of luck to everyone ... especially those in SGT3!!!!
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

thanks guys for advices, have a good race all of u
          sigpic
          Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
          UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
            ^ ^ ah, what do you know anyway?!

Have fun, and best of luck to everyone ... especially those in SGT3!!!!
            Looks like it will be spec corvette out there...all on Kumho XS, pray for dry
            03 Z06 #72
            15 Prius V

Comment

Should be a fun season!
              sigpic
              Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

awesome weekend guys!!!!!
                looking forward to next race
                sigpic