Event 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 1 and 2

Thanks to Dave and Matt for organizing these two events. The events worked smoothly. You had a great team of volunteers behind you. Thanks.
    It was also great to see Paul out and behind the timing desk. We appreciate your help too!
    Frank
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Re: Event 1 and 2

Im still drying off from Saturday morning, but wanted to say how impressed I was with the organization and professionalism of everyone. Saturday was my first CASC event and Sunday my first CSCS event and let me tell you, night and day difference!

See you all at SMP

Comment

Sunday really spoke to the organization of the day and the benefits of the paid marshals. 3 runs and tons of time left over really bodes well for the new system.
      Last edited by Lloyd_; 06-06-2011, 10:46 AM.
      03 Z06 #72
      15 Prius V

Comment

Kudos to Dave and Matt for top notch organizing. I was especially impressed with Saturday. Despite the deluge and numerous spins the day unfolded safely (no incident reports!) and we still got lots of track time. Great idea to reduce the number of potential yellow flags with run groups of 4. Morning lapping/practice run groups worked out great. More please!
        CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
        sigpic
        Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

This new format is great

paid marshals are great

everyone is much more relaxed

except Timing.. i really hope more people step up this year to help out with taking over the timing system.
          set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd_ View Post
            Sunday really spoke to the organization of the day and the benefits of the paid marshals. 3 runs and tons of time left over really bodes well for the new system.
            No kidding! A full morning of lapping (instead of cutting it off around ~10 am) + 3 timed sessions for everyone + 1 full hour of lapping at the end?! Practically unheard of in our sport before!
            OMSC
            Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
            Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Thanks to Dave and Matt for organizing the first two events. Very well done! To Paul for coming out and volunteering his entire weekend to timing the events. Without his knowledge of the timing program we'd still be using stop watches. To all the volunteers who stepped up from OMSC to organize the grid and other such endeavours. And thanks to all the competitors who braved the wet conditions on Saturday morning. The extra hour of lapping on Saturday afternoon and then the timed sessions on a dry track under sunny conditions were a great ending to the day.

We are still trying to resolve the issue of displaying the results on the TV screen and we will continue to do so until the issue is resolved. We have upgraded our new timing computer to Windows 7 Pro and have discovered that we can't install the driver for our printer (the reason for no printed results on Sunday). The timing program has also been updated so it is only a matter of time before we get everything in sync.

CASC-OR - Ontario Time Attack will continue to give its competitors our trade mark professionally run events for the remainder of the season. It is what we do best!
              Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
              Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
              Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

had to miss saturday, so sunday was my very first day at OTA. as a newbie, i would like to say a big thanks to all involved! had a great time and found everyone super friendly and supportive. excellent event and plenty of seat time - could not have asked for more! see you all at smp! cheers, bill
                sigpic
                Supporting member of several
                grassroot Clubs

Comment

Great job by all for a great weekend. IMO the new format hits the mark and must be reassuring for newbes who get more track and instructor time than before.

A huge thanks to all who helped me after my spin on Sunday morning. A bottom rad hose blew off and coated the right rear with fluid causing the spin. The car is not badly hurt and I am going to be back for SMP.

Great group of folks, thanks.
                  Gary Wood:
                  GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

awesome weekend guys!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
                    UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

Despite the weather gods not smiling on us Saturday morning the weekend generally went according to plan. Many thanks to the MMS marshals who attended both days, non competing OMSC members Robert Lauder, Andy Patterson,Derrick Cormier,Nancy Broomfield and Peter Jackson, Gary Wood who stayed on to start despite a pooched engine,Bob and Veronique Presswood and all the OMSC competitors who stepped up to provide all the other duties needed. A very special thanks to Paul McFadden and his efforts to get the timing going all weekend long. As a clerk, I can tell you that the grid list Paul came up with for Sunday afternoon made yellow flags almost a thing of the past.

Originally posted by Rob-RT View Post
                      Im still drying off from Saturday morning, but wanted to say how impressed I was with the organization and professionalism of everyone. Saturday was my first CASC event and Sunday my first CSCS event and let me tell you, night and day difference!

See you all at SMP

Rob, glad you had a good time. Please spread the word. It never rains at Shannonville.

BTW did you notice that the top 2 competitors in the series were the top 2 Novices from last year? Both in new (to them) cars !!.

I certainly don't want to hear again that folks don't get enough track time in Time-Attack.
                      Last edited by Dave Barker; 06-07-2011, 01:23 PM.
                      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Working...
                      X