Calabogie - The Ottawa Citizen Gentleman's GT Race Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calabogie - The Ottawa Citizen Gentleman's GT Race Series

It's very tempting as I haven't been to CMP for a couple of years. I have a wedding at the end of July in Ottawa. If I get my car back together in time maybe I can join you.
    sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Nice driving Greg,
      I will have to try this at the next event, especially when the track mustangs are participating in the race.
      Klaus
      BMW 325es
      Solosprint SGT2, #192
      Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, the faster I am ...

Comment

This is the first I have heard of this, wish I knew earlier in the year.
        I have a track 1987 Mustang and love the idea.
        Doing engine work this year so if this is still afloat next year I am in for sure.
        I am a instructor at Trillium BMW Club and we have exercises where students do late passing into corners and driving side by side around the track. The students love it.
        In the instructor session we can pass everywhere just not at the apex of corners.
        I hope you allow late passing into the corners as long as the car being passed backs of at corner entry?
        1987 DECH MUSTANG
        1999 SI Civic
        BMW Trillium Club
        Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by DECH_92 View Post
          ...we can pass everywhere just not at the apex of corners.
          I hope you allow late passing into the corners as long as the car being passed backs of at corner entry?
          Yes this kind of passing is allowed - provided you are pointed by. If the marshalls spot a pass at the apex they'll throw a black flag. Having said that, CMP is so wide there are many safe lines through the corners even at the apexes.
          CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
          sigpic
          Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Who ever dialed this car in really must have known what they were doing!

PS Chuck, the white stang took 3rd place at the calabogie cup 2 weeks ago!

Originally posted by Chuck91GT View Post
            The white 91 Stang looks impressive!
            Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

Calabogie was very impressed with the first race and is very excited about making this a long term event so we can all enjoy some "safe" competition. So this looks good to continue into next year. So hopefully we will get to see you out there then!

Originally posted by DECH_92 View Post
              This is the first I have heard of this, wish I knew earlier in the year.
              I have a track 1987 Mustang and love the idea.
              Doing engine work this year so if this is still afloat next year I am in for sure.
              I am a instructor at Trillium BMW Club and we have exercises where students do late passing into corners and driving side by side around the track. The students love it.
              In the instructor session we can pass everywhere just not at the apex of corners.
              Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

if any of the TO contingent were planning on going to the July and/or Aug race, please post it as i would be intersted in sharing motel costs, etc. Thx, Bill
                sigpic
                Supporting member of several
                grassroot Clubs

Comment

Just a little over 2 weeks left to the next event. Who else is looking to join? Still have 7 spots left.

Thanks

Matt
                  Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

The car was dialed in by the master guru of suspensions and alignment! The 3rd. place finish is great news. Keep up the good work. Send me an email and let me know what changes you have made since our last conversation.

Originally posted by Mechs02 View Post
                    Who ever dialed this car in really must have known what they were doing!

PS Chuck, the white stang took 3rd place at the calabogie cup 2 weeks ago!
                    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Are there noise restrictions?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes. Standard noise restrictions, check the calabogie site for the finer details.
                        Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

Hey everyone just over a week left until the next event. I need to start locking down some numbers. Let me know who's interested.

Thanks

Matt
                          Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

Alright Erwan and Mani are in! Under a week left! Who's in!?
                            Matt

1991 Mustang GT

Comment

Very likely in for Aug 11th event, but can't manage July's (just moved, have to get my tire trailer sorted, etc). Cheers, Bill
                              sigpic
                              Supporting member of several
                              grassroot Clubs

Comment

As much as I'd like to, unfortunately the dates aren't lining up very well for me this year .
                                OMSC
                                Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                                Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Working...
                                X