X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nowcritical
    replied
    Re: Events 5 OTA Supplementary Regulations

Thanks to all the organizers, marshals and volunteers that made another time attack event a fantastic success!

Great work everyone, great time as well!

Leave a comment:

• ONdriver
    replied

Another round of thanks to Rob and Carsten and all volunteers for keeping things running smoothly. Thanks to all instructors, especially Frank and Ed for making a black Mustang go even faster! Special thanks to DJ and all the other marshalls for their professionalism, managed to wave a thanks to a few of you on the cool-down lap.
    A great weekend all around, certainly learned a lot!
    Perry

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

Many thank thanks to Rob and Carsten for pulling off a great weekend. Even though TAC doesn't have a lot of competitors involved in Ontario Time Attack they were still able to put together an excellent weekend. They were even able to ward off the Rain Gods on Sunday.

Even though the school on Saturday had a couple of minor incidents it was a tremendous success. Thanks to all the instructors who made it happen. Our new philosophy and approach to instructing is working as we envisioned it should. The student comments were a positive reinforcement that we have the best schools for learning how to drive fast in a well controlled environment.

Event #5 on Sunday incorporated 3 hours of lapping in the morning and another trademark 3 timed sessions for everyone in the afternoon. The last session required some last minute tweaking to pull it off but we did it.

Again, thank you TAC and specifically Rob and Carsten for making it happen.

DJ, the Mosport starter for the weekend, also sends his regards to everyone for a great weekend. To any Mosport Marshal who might be reading this thread, I would also like to extend my thanks to you for being there and making this event a resounding success. We'll see you again for the ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Championships on August 26th - August 28th.

http://2011tanationals.caslube.com/

Leave a comment:

• Alloy GT
    replied

just wanted to chime in and say thanks to all the organizers for another fantastic event (albeit i did manage to hurt the engine....verict still pending).
    Crispy posted another amazing time, Pete was a celebrity as everybody wanted a ride in his new moster z06 and, oh...i did get a ride in that stock cobalt WOW!!! An amazing weekend, athought no doubt it will be an expesive one for me

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd_
    replied

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
    Carsten, hats off to you and Rob for putting on a great weekend and keeping things on schedule, despite a couple minor interruptions. Good job, especially considering it's your first time organizing an event .
    How did you like your new (but ineligible for the OTA black corvette championship) Z06? Did you get real tires for it already?

Wish I could have been there but the Corvette electrical system decided to do its thing after I finished maintenance and had the car all loaded up.

Leave a comment:

• Cap'n Pete
    replied

Carsten, hats off to you and Rob for putting on a great weekend and keeping things on schedule, despite a couple minor interruptions. Good job, especially considering it's your first time organizing an event .

Leave a comment:

• IWannaGoFast
    replied

We had some beautiful weather this past weekend for the MIR school and event #5, and I think it was a great weekend.

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that helped make this weekend go off without any major issues;
    •The MIR marshals that did an incredible job both days keeping us on schedule
    •The stewards, Rob H, Klaus and Chuck
    •Scrutineering, Derrick and Joe
    •Registration, Serge
    •Timing, Paul and Chris P
    •All the instructors that volunteered their time on Saturday and Sunday, and Frank for coordinating it all
    •The grid Marshals
    •Anyone else I might have missed

Leave a comment:

• racecartech
    replied

The driver is that good that he has to run it there

Leave a comment:

• Alloy GT
    replied

Originally posted by Venom View Post
    Are Cobalts allowed in SGT2? It is not a Z06 but oh well...

How many in SGT2?
    it must be one heck of a "stock" Cobalt to classify for SGT2....

Leave a comment:

• Venom
    replied

Are Cobalts allowed in SGT2? It is not a Z06 but oh well...

How many in SGT2?

Leave a comment:

• Alloy GT
    replied

Originally posted by IWannaGoFast View Post
    Looks like we’ll have beautiful weather this weekend, if you haven’t signed up already, there’s still time to register. Registration is open till mid-day Friday.

Don’t let the black Corvettes have all the fun!
    And let's not forget about this certain silver vette...and now a new blue one too LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• IWannaGoFast
    replied

Looks like we’ll have beautiful weather this weekend, if you haven’t signed up already, there’s still time to register. Registration is open till mid-day Friday.

Don’t let the black Corvettes have all the fun!

Leave a comment:

• msix
    replied

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
    A real close-up view, for sure!! Now the question is, will you be nice and let me pass, or be like all the other BMW drivers who seem to think their car is the fastest thing on the track??? lol
    Oh why?? Aren't they???

Leave a comment:

• Cap'n Pete
    replied

Originally posted by msix View Post
    wow, really nice ride Pete,
    this car looks beautiful from this angle, I will get used to it in my rearview mirror ...
    A real close-up view, for sure!! Now the question is, will you be nice and let me pass, or be like all the other BMW drivers who seem to think their car is the fastest thing on the track??? lol

Leave a comment:

• msix
    replied

wow, really nice ride Pete,
    this car looks beautiful from this angle, I will get used to it in my rearview mirror ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X