Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: track tires for my Mustang

Originally posted by Rob-RT View Post
    Most of the ~140 UTOG tires out there are pretty comparable, there are a few tests that compare them out there on the interwebs. I think Hankook are a heavy favourite due mostly to their cost (they priced out at 1/2 the price of the same sized toyo)
    +1. Dave is going to hate this but my gut feel (and some horribly unreliable gps data with some variable fudging) says that the starspecs might be better suited for the mustang in terms of wear, and laptimes (and funny enough, the RS3's probably would have been better tires for the prelude). I just don't know how they'd do on a heavier car. They were awesome tires on my prelude. 25000 street km, and 11 track days, only swapped front to rears once, and still had a little life. For grassroots, that should be the spec tire lol.
    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Wow! I really appreciate all the advice. It gives me much to consider. Better start saving my coins. I hope to have the new tires & rims for next season. (If my current tires last the rest of this season....)

Kelly
      Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
      OTA Director 2015
      ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Kelly, look here:
        http://gtamc.com/showthread.php?9807...Rims-and-Tires
        Make sure they're +45 offset for 05+ Stangs
        #25 summer & winter

Comment

Working...